Pomeroy Lodging LP Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
- They must be friendly, professional and helpful to visitors
- Greet visitors, handle incoming calls, and perform general administrative duties
- They also may assist other administrative staff with overflow work including word processing, data entry and internet research tasks
- A receptionist must understand non-routine notes, written instructions and general policy statements
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Commuter's allowance
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and fitness center/pool
Experience the Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
Skills/Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Previous experience in a similar role and setting preferred
- Customer service experience required
- Cash handling and POS experience required
- Excellent guest service, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, plus good oral communications required
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and small group situations to the general public and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Applying common sense understanding while carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variable in standardized situations
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Employee may be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this job.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
Pomeroy Lodging LP
Personal CareView all jobs at Pomeroy Lodging LP