Pomeroy Lodging LP Missoula, MT
- Posted: over a month ago
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and other back of house workers engaged in preparing and cooking food.
- Participate in assigned food preparation in accordance with standards of quality, quantity control, taste and presentation; responding to incoming orders.
- Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed
- Gives instructions to cooking personnel in fine points of cooking
- Cooks and carves meats, and prepares dishes, including sauces, during rush periods and for banquets
- Checks refrigerators to prevent contamination and waste
- Anticipates and writes daily production work and delegates accordingly
- Ensures area is clean, stocked and maintained
- Assumes responsibility of kitchen in absence of Outlet Chef
- Ability to organize daily workload
- Creativity and artistic flair an asset
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- End of Season Bonus
- Commuter's allowance
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and fitness center/pool
Experience the Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
Skills/Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School degree or equivalent; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Culinary apprenticeship or other formal training preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as menus, recipes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers and employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have or obtain within the introductory period, a ServSafe certification.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. Must have manual dexterity/grasp of hand to use kitchen equipment. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with a hand truck. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this job.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to cold/heat, wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
Pomeroy Lodging LP
FoodView all jobs at Pomeroy Lodging LP