Pomeroy Lodging LP Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
- Filling food and beverage outlet requisitions completely, noting out of stock items
- Delivering product to outlets as necessary
- Receiving deliveries and verifying vendor invoices
- Stocking product in designated areas in the Storeroom, and ensuring product is properly rotated on shelves
- Completion of daily Storeroom inventories
- Participate in the filling of Hotel vending machines
- Be able to assume the responsibilities of the Hotel Expeditor if needed
- Follows company vehicle policy and reports all vehicle maintenance issues timely
- Receiving, recording, and proper distribution of packages to guests and other departments
- Adheres to all Resort customer service standards
- Completion of other duties as assigned
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Commuter's allowance
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and fitness center/pool
Experience the Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
Skills/Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty described in the duties above. Any candidate must be available for work days, nights, weekends, and holidays as business dictates. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma; one to two years related experience and/or training is desirable
- Prior experience in a Storeroom or Warehouse environment preferable, as well as prior Hotel experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and previous Purchasing/Inventory system experience is desirable
- Ability to read and analyze vendor invoices, inter-departmental requisitions, and email requests
- Ability to write clear and thorough descriptions on manual requisitions
- Ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from managers, associates, and guests
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Must be able to record counts accurately on requisitions and inventories
- Must be able to work with a cash bank
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must have or be able to obtain within the introductory period, the following: TAPS card, ServSafe certification, Alaska DOT certification, valid drivers’ license (Alaska license preferred)
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; taste or smell, and smile. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures, particularly in freezers below 0 degrees. Employee may be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this job.
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
Pomeroy Lodging LP
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Pomeroy Lodging LP