Pomeroy Lodging LP Missoula, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
Serves meals to patrons in one of our five dining establishments. This is a seasonal position, running until October 1.
- Greet guests, presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service
- Learns menu items and daily specials
- Working knowledge of spirits, beer and wines
- Experience preparing and designing cocktails (for bartender role)
- Writes order on check and enters ordered items in RTP system
- Serves courses from kitchen and bar
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed
- Presents check and accepts payment, and reconcile receipts
- Assist in preparation of some items, as determined by Outlet Chef and Outlet Manager
- Clears and resets counters and/or tables at conclusion of each course, arrange table setting
- Runs food from kitchen for outlet as directed by Chef or Manager
- Other duties may be assigned
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- End of Season Bonus
- Commuter's allowance
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and fitness center/pool
Experience the Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
The five food & beverage outlets are described as follows:
Seven Glaciers: Recipient of the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award, Seven Glacier’s menu emphasizes locally available produce, seafood and game. Experience artfully presented entrees of Alaska halibut, salmon and Aspen Ridge angus beef & wagyu strip streaks. Also named one of America’s 100 Best Wine Restaurants in 2019 by Wine Enthusiast and a continued recipient of the Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence, Seven Glaciers hosts an award-winning wine list and a full bar.
Sakura Asian Bistro: Sakura offers a fun and modern dining experience featuring fresh seafood and meats, creative sushi, and cocktails. Sakura’s menu focuses on signature dishes including seasonal fish, waygu beef, king crab, Alaskan seafood, crispy pork belly, as well as hand-crafted specialty rolls and sushi.
Sitzmark: For a great aprés beer after any mountain activity, hit the Sitzmark Bar & Grill. Chat with friends and family about the trails you conquered while enjoying seasonal favorites.
Open Friday – Sunday this summer.
Aurora Bar & Grill: The Aurora Bar & Grill serves craft cocktails, select wines, locally crafted beers and Alaska sourced fare that is perfect for sharing. Some of our menu highlights include our Crispy Shitake Salad, Duck Fat Fries, and Wild Game Burger.
The Pond Café: chefs have curated menus with a focus on local ingredients and family favorites. Menu highlights include hand-made pastas, locally sourced ingredients, Neapolitan style pizza pies, and a variety of dishes.
Skills/Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In possession of, or able to obtain a valid TAPS Card prior to beginning employment
- Food Handlers card required
- Experience in similar server setting preferred
- Experience in a customer service setting required
- The ability to multitask while providing exceptional guest service
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
Pomeroy Lodging LP
FoodView all jobs at Pomeroy Lodging LP