- Expired: April 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
Maintains safe and secure environment for guests and employees by patrolling, monitoring premises and personnel. Position is Full-time, non-exempt, $15.00 to $17.00 per hour DOE.
- Patrols buildings and property including; lobbies, corridors, and public rooms, examining doors, windows and gates to assure they are secure. Also patrols grounds in company vehicle.
- Maintains radio contact with supervisor during patrols
- Interviews guests and employees, and questions persons to detect infringements and investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalisms, unsafe conditions, fires and accidents
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked, and reports findings to appropriate department personnel
- Ensures safety rules are posted and enforced across the Resort
- Inspects premises for irregularities, such as signs of intrusion
- Enforcing compliance such as parking, issuance of keys, access by guests and employees, and logging and safe keeping of lost & found articles left by visitors
- Examines Fire Alarm systems for operational status and examines fire extinguishers and other safety equipment for serviceability. Reports irregularities and hazards to appropriate department personnel.
- Responds to alarms and investigates disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalisms, and accidents
- Maintains accurate security log during shift
- Monitors employee entrance and security cameras
- Warns or ejects troublemakers, or unauthorized persons, and cautions careless persons
- Obtains assistance for accident victims and writes accident reports
- Notifies management and staff of presence of persons with questionable reputations
- Requests for and assists management and law enforcement officers in emergency situations
- Escorts people/property to desired destination when monies, documents or safety of property or persons are a concern
- Performs package, locker and desk searches as required
- Conduct briefings to inform guests of resort activities, safety concerns and other information
- Shuttle guests as needed
- Attends meeting regarding events, activities, conferences and/or other resort/community activities
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- End of Season Bonus
- Commuter's allowance
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and fitness center/pool
Experience the Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
Skills/Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have valid US Driver’s License.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior security training and experience in the bar/event industry preferred; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior security training and experience in the hotel industry preferred.
- Candidate must have CPR, First Aid and TAPs Certification within 90 days of employment.
- Candidate must have knowledge of basic security and fire prevention procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer service experience, and observing situations and competent with decision making
- Must be able to use FM radio and work with minimal supervision
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
Pomeroy Lodging LP
Real EstateView all jobs at Pomeroy Lodging LP