Pomeroy Lodging LP Great Falls, MT
- Expired: April 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
Directly supervises wait staff, bussers, and host/hostess in restaurant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Resort's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. This position is full-time, non-exempt, $18.00 to $24.00 per hour DOE.
- Estimates and orders liquors, wines, or other beverages, and supplies
- Inspects establishment and observes workers and patrons to ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards and local liquor regulations
- Complete daily reports, assist in preparing departmental budget
- Responsible for accomplishing revenue, labor and operating expense budget goals
- Ensure and maintain standards of food quality and presentation
- Posses knowledge of food production and service
- Process Ultipro time reports
- Ensure staff complies with guest check procedures, cash handling and accounting procedures
- Research and resolve guest complaints
- Maintain communication between other departments on items such as occupancy levels, banquets and special functions, housekeeping and maintenance, and laundry and uniforms
- Set and maintain par levels of dry goods, china, linen, wines and spirits
- Ensure adherence to all Resort customer service standards
- Other duties as assigned
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and fitness center/pool
Skills/Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college, university, or degree from culinary institute; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years’ experience in Food & Beverage management with a strong knowledge of restaurant operation preferred
- Prior experience in a fine dining server position
- Good working knowledge of wines and high-end spirits
- Work weekends & holidays on a flexible schedule
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Work with minimal supervision
- Accurate cash handling
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must have or be able to obtain within the introductory period a TAPS card and Food Handlers Card
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
Pomeroy Lodging LP
AddressGreat Falls, MT
FoodView all jobs at Pomeroy Lodging LP