Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
Pomeroy Lodging LP Indianapolis, IN
- Expired: May 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Simple. Inclusive. Natural. Social
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
We are hiring for the role of Licenced Massage Therapist (LMT). This full-time opportunity is based out of the brand new Alyeska Nordic Spa in Girdwood, Alaska, and offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Located on the Alyeska Resort grounds, each Nordic Spa experience is crafted to be as individual as our guests. Featuring an indoor-outdoor experience, we offer relaxation without rules where guests can come as they are to connect with nature, themselves and others. We are wellness redefined.
As the Spa Massage Therapist, you are responsible for providing our guests with therapeutic and personalized massage experiences that enhance their state of wellness and relaxation. You will be the champion of wellness using massage therapy as a true benefit for both one's mind and body. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
- Is a fully contributing team member and rarely leaves tasks un-done for co-workers to clean up or complete. When asked to take on additional tasks; does so willingly and to best of their abilities. Is authentically natural in their guest interactions.
- Is perceived to be an engaged member of the team; operationally aware of others that may require assistance and helps without being asked. Participates actively in departmental meetings and social events.
- Demonstrates ability to manage their shift workload to make decisions that will positively impact their department. Leaves no team members in the weeds, proactively handling unexpected operational hurdles.
- Provide therapeutic massage and bodywork tailored to guest needs.
- Reiterate home care recommendations and retail sales.
- Monitor and maintain the physical environment, ensuring cleanliness and organization at all time.
- Strictly enforce the privacy and confidentiality of all guest information.
- Effectively handle guest comments and feedback both in person and in writing, with an ability to identify and resolve any concerns.
- Follow all health and safety policies and ensure the safety of guests and colleagues and identify and report safety concerns and hazards immediately.
- PTO – Paid/Holiday Time Off
- Commuter’s Allowance
- Personal Days
- Referral Bonuses
- Medical & Dental Health Plan
- Discounts on Retail Products and Spa Services
Experience the Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
Education & Experience:
- Graduate from accredited School of massage
- Registered and in good standing as a massage therapist in the state/ province required
- Minimum of one year work experience as a Registered Massage Therapist
This position may work long days and/or weekends to meet periodic upturn in business demands or meet deadlines. This position is set in a fast-paced environment, long hours on your feet with high levels of interaction with guests. Working outdoors in a variety of Mountain weather conditions, with average temperature ranges of – 30 C / -22 F to +30 C / +86 F.
The employee is regularly required to be on their feet, reaching with their hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Visual ability to observe employees in the workplace, analyze operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas such as employee performance, grooming, training and policy adherence. Employee may be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this job.
About Alyeska Nordic Spa
Set within the jaw-dropping scenery of Alyeska is the brand new Alyeska Nordic Spa. A space like no other that invites you to embrace the elements as you experience the benefits of hydrotherapy. Move from hot, warm and cold pools in the stunning Boreal forest surroundings. Rest in saunas and steam rooms, indulge in massage therapy treatment and enjoy a moment of connection with yourself and others, away from the cadence of the modern world.
Pomeroy Lodging LP
HealthcareView all jobs at Pomeroy Lodging LP