Pomeroy Lodging LP Missoula, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
Coordinates activities of dining room personnel to provide efficient and courteous service to patrons by performing the following duties. This is a seasonal position and will continue through September 2021.
- Present menu items and daily specials
- Prepare restaurant for reservations and special functions
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners through Open Table
- Greets guests by name, escorts them to tables, and provides menus
- Works to resolve complaints by patrons and informs Manager of Chef
- Ensures that office and host stand is kept clean and presentable
- Must be presentable and friendly in all dealings with guests, vendors, and coworkers
- Other duties as assigned
Outlet specific responsibilities: As a AAA Four Diamond awards Restaurant, Alyeska’s Seven Glaciers requires a premium level of service from its team members. Hosts posted at Seven Glaciers are expected to fulfill the following additional responsibilities:
- Arrange parties or special services for diners through reservation system.
- Maintain reservations and performs call backs to verify guests as well as answer questions.
- Format and print all menus, name cards and reservation sheets.
- Maintain office supplies and menu inventory.
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Competitive referral bonus
- Commuter's allowance
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and fitness center/pool
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and discounts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have or be able to obtain within the introductory period, the following: TAPS card and Food Handlers Card.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this job.
- Work Environment: the noise in this work environment is usually moderate.
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
Pomeroy Lodging LP
FoodView all jobs at Pomeroy Lodging LP