Front Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fun. Inclusive. Natural. Social
We are hiring for the role of Front Operations Manager. This full-time leadership opportunity is based out of the Alyeska Resort in Girdwood, Alaska, and offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
As the Front Operations Manager is responsible for the successful operation of the key guest contact departments, including, Front Desk, Concierge, Reservations, and Bell Staff. You will achieve excellence by:
- Supervising Front Desk Managers in the scheduling and training of Front Operations staff emphasizing guest relations skills.
- Establish and ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, departmental policies, and liaison with other managers as appropriate.
- Respond to guest inquiries and complaints, including weekly survey comments, with accurate information and with a positive attitude to ensure guest satisfaction. Resolve guest issues with professionalism and tact.
- Oversee the registration and checkout process on a daily basis.
- Support Front Desk Managers to ensure all VIP and other special reservations are checked in, properly greeted, and checked out.
- Support Front Desk Manager in delivering VIP experiences and responding to requests.
- Ensure the appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs and instructions as per the Director of Rooms.
- Oversee cash handling by staff and work in conjunction with accounting to ensure adherence with policy.
- Instruct Front Desk staff on the Emergency Procedures Manual. Ensure the safety of guests and compliance with procedures. Coordinate with Security and related departments to handle emergency situations. Maintain emergency procedures manual.
- Ensure Resort job standards are being met and special programs are implemented.
- Oversee new Guest Services vendors while maintaining current vendors.
- Collect all data regarding covered gratuities and prepare information/reports for A/R and Payroll.
- Execute vision and directives as set by the Director of Rooms. Communicate direction of team with Front Operations staff, including: Night Audit, Bell Desk, Guest Services, Recreation, and Reservations; and assist in these areas as needed.
- Develop strong knowledge of Girdwood Valley and Resort activities.
- Process administrative paperwork, process timecards, and manage labor/staffing costs.
- At least four (4) years in a hotel front desk management
- Supervisory experience a must
- Ability to manage tasks independently with attention to detail and focus on customer service
- Able to take initiative and solve problems
- Build and retain relationships with Reservations, People and Culture, Sales, Accounting, Event Management and Front Desk teams to ensure smooth operation of the department
- Understanding of P&L statement
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Opera an asset
- Business or Hospitality Degree an asset
- This is a salary position but must have the ability to work evenings and weekends where required
- PTO – Paid/Holiday Time Off
- Commuter’s Allowance
- Personal Days
- Referral Bonuses
- Medical & Dental Health Plan
- Discounts on Retail Products and Spa Services
Experience the Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
This position may work long days and/or weekends to meet periodic upturn in business demands or meet deadlines. This position is set in a fast-paced environment, with high levels of interaction with employees, guests and other stakeholders. Working both indoors and outdoors in a variety of Mountain weather conditions, with average temperature ranges of -30 C/ -22 F to +30 C / +86 F.
The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Visual ability to observe employees in the workplace, analyze operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas such as employee performance, grooming, training and policy adherence. Employee may be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this job.
Work Environment: The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate
Team You Will Lead:
Front Operations Team
Pomeroy Lodging LP
TourismView all jobs at Pomeroy Lodging LP