Mainframe IT Operator
Pomeroy IT Solutions Newark, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $26 to $27 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Pomeroy has an immediate need for a Mainframe Console Operator. This is a full time, fully benefitted role.
Perform Production Control duties per documented processes and procedures. This includes a working knowledge of customer hardware and ability to interact, troubleshoot issues and work independently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to this position.
- Provide Tier-1 hardware and application support. Work directly with vendors and customers for the support of Mainframe software.
- Monitor and execute batch processing on multiple OS platforms using line commands, menus, and GUI interfaces. Perform file system restores. Execute backups and scheduling tasks using CA-Scheduler.
- Monitor MVS and UNIX environments and respond to alerts.
- Performed Disaster Recovery testing for all our business units, on an annual basis.
- Work on Mainframe Console and Batch Ops.in a data center environment. .
- Monitor Z/OS mainframe computer system, Amdahl 4570, AS/400, Solaris 9, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 10. Maintain the monitoring NIMSOFT software to monitor all the LPAR's
- Manage Hardware and Software maintenance for System i and HMC, including Fix Packages, Software Upgrades, and Hardware Upgrades for both OS and 3rd Party Applications.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve equipment and line faults by referring issues to vendors or implementing back-up and recovery processes
- Languages: JES2, JES3, TLS/E, ISPF, JCL (abend resolution), Roscoe, CICS and JOBMASTER, Omegamon, scheduler OPC/TWS
- Ability to support IBM OS/390 -- Z/OS systems.
- Ability to monitor production & daily performance of all applications.
- ManageNow Ticketing
- OS400 System Software
- System Restoration, Disaster Recovery, and High Availability
- Multi-System Monitoring Software
- CL Programming
- Technical and Operational Documentation
- HMC Console, Operations Console
- Client Access and Operations Navigator
- System Auditing
- HA/DR Replication Solution using iTera Software Package
- Moderate to difficult computer skills, experience using Excel and Word is required.
- Ability to use email, communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to follow detailed processes/instructions is required.
- Employee may be requested to assist with individual and shift schedules in accordance with budget guidelines and may be required to work under remote supervision.
- Enjoys Working in a Fast-paced Environment.
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware and Related Services.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Perform additional tasks and/or duties as assigned by management
Our holistic solutions create a digital workplace that is intelligent, highly available, fully enabled, and fully connected. One that is consumable by our clients in ways that best meet their specific business demands. One that delivers an intelligent, always-on user experience and helps organizations become digital disruptors in their markets.
Pomeroy IT Solutions
We understand the interdependence between today’s end users, the networks they rely on to stay connected and productive, and the critical data they need to drive positive business outcomes. Our holistic solutions create a digital workplace that is intelligent, highly available, fully enabled, and fully connected. One that is consumable by our clients in ways that best meet their specific business demands. One that delivers an intelligent, always-on user experience and helps organizations become digital disruptors in their markets.