Polymer Technologies Inc is looking for manufacturing Supervisor to support a fast-paced complex manufacturing environment. We require a strong leader who is hands-on, detail oriented, a good communicator and is passionate about leading groups of people.
Polymer Technologies manufactures solutions for energy management for the largest original equipment manufacturers in aerospace, construction and agricultural equipment, military vehicles, power generation equipment, medical devices, and commercial transit.
We pride ourselves in nurturing long-standing relationships with industry leaders across our customer base while also working to develop new solutions in other markets.
Our newest markets now include the manufacturing of the latest technology for personal protective gear used in both the sports and ballistics shielding industries.
In this position, you will drive teams of work cells to meet their potential, improve systems to increase quality and efficiency, manage the schedule to ensure on-time delivery is maintained and work daily with department heads throughout the organization, such as Sales, Quality, Technical, Logistics, and Management.
If you are looking for a challenge and to make a difference in a fast-paced growing manufacturing company, then you have found your match.
Under the direction of the Production and Logistics Manager, the Supervisor will have the responsibility of all production-related activities on the floor. You will direct the Lead Operators and other hourly employees, relative to production needs. You will be responsible for the production of work orders in a timely and efficient manner. Normal work hours are Monday thru Thursday 6:00 am – 3:30 pm and Friday 6:00 -10:00 am with overtime as required (including Saturday work).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follow and ensure compliance through positive reinforcement; all company policies, quality standards, and safety procedures.
2. Responsible for the productivity of all production employees. Must motivate team members to strive for continuous improvement with a focus on increased efficiency of production and improved quality of the product, as well as on-time deliveries.
3. Assist in interacting with Lead Operators and other hourly personnel to ensure cross training throughout processes and coordination of necessary production requirements.
4. Responsible for accuracy and completion of paperwork as it relates to production.
5. Responsible for troubleshooting, process development, and continuous improvement.
6. Responsible for communicating any deviations of numbers and efficiencies to Management.
7. Responsible for communicating the maintenance needs of equipment, tools, and other devices.
8. Address performance issues relative to all personnel involving HR, if necessary.
9. Responsible for efficient use of all company resources, materials, tools, etc.
10. Responsible for the safekeeping of all materials and reporting all losses to Management as well as ensuring all losses are accounted for on consumption sheets.
11. It is expected to have readily available the status of all work orders staged in production for the benefit of Planning and Customer Service.
12. Other duties as defined on a day-to-day basis, as business demands.
High School Diploma or GED required
Five years of experience in manufacturing supervisory environment preferred
Positive attitude with the desire to learn and train
Ability to motivate work group by positive leadership
Good communication skills required
Good attendance/punctuality required