- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PolyCon Solutions is seeking a Construction Engineer to support our Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) client at the Southern Regional Office located in College Park, GA. The successful candidate will perform construction oversight for projects in support of design and resident engineers, and report project progress and issues against project goals, scope of work, and schedule. They will ensure accuracy of design, products and timeliness of completion for multiple projects.
The projects support air traffic control facilities over the geographic scope of the FAA's Eastern Service Area (ESA) and requires a minimum of 25% travel from job site to job site. You may view a map of the ESA here.
- Supervise construction of FAA projects on site and provide quality assurance that completed work is in compliance with the plans and specifications
- Maintain accurate daily records and reports related to the project
- Act as point of contact and coordinate directly with the general contractor for adherence to the drawings and specifications
- Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule, review the contractor's progress reports, assess the progress and inform the project engineer and all stakeholders
- Discuss deviations from specified construction materials and procedures with project engineer
- Mark up drawings to as-built conditions and submit these for review and updating
- Participate in construction inspections, final inspections, and contract closeout activities
- Conduct regular progress meetings with the contractor and appropriate personnel and report on any issues project engineer
- Confer with multi-disciplinary engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation
- Prepare construction drawings, site specific specifications, contract documents and independent cost estimates as needed to support change proposals
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including operational risk management plans, safety plans, sequence of work and cutover plans)
- Coordinate and review work permits required for potential impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the pre-construction meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to coordinate with other ongoing construction and projects
- Plan, schedule and coordinate construction project activities to meet milestones and deadlines working directly with stakeholders and contractors
- Review contractor shop drawings and construction submittals and provide input to engineering staff
- Track, reconcile and coordinate closure of acceptance punchlist
- Current knowledge of relevant building codes
- Knowledge of multiple disciplines (civil, electrical, mechanical) and their general requirements and typical standards
- Skill in interpreting construction plans and specifications
- Ability to accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stakeholders, peers and management levels
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder to track daily work accomplished, personnel onsite, weather conditions and other essential details
- Skill in using Microsoft Office products, engineering scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the internet as an information gathering and communicating tool
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology or Construction Management from an accredited university (or higher engineering degree)
- Four years of relevant experience in monitoring construction work in commercial, industrial or government facilities
- Minimum 25% within the geographic scope of the ESA.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD / Microstation to create and edit engineering drawings
PolyCon Solutions is a certified participant of the U.S. Small Business Administration 8(a) Program and an Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) that provides cutting-edge acquisition, program, financial and logistical support to the federal government. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance and life insurance. Other benefits include 401K, paid government holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
PolyCon Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Get fresh Aviation Construction jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.