- Expired: January 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Poly West, a Division of Poly-America, L.P., leading plastics manufacturer, is currently seeking an Industrial Engineer to join our engineering team at its Henderson Nevada facility. Poly-America produces several lines of polyethylene products including high quality trash bags, construction and agricultural films. Dedicated to providing the highest quality polyethylene products, our team of chemical, mechanical, electrical and process engineers is at the forefront of modern plastics technology. The company’s innovative design team is responsible for several technological breakthroughs in blown-film extrusion and bag making. We also maintain one of the most sophisticated on-site labs in the plastics industry.Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Process or industrial engineering experience is a plus.
- A strong desire to manage projects and processes from conceptualization to implementation.
- The ability to drive process solutions by working with leadership in the other relevant engineering, maintenance, and production groups.
- Statistical Process Control knowledge.
Poly-West offers competitive compensation packages including Medical/Dental, paid vacations and holidays, and 401(K).
Industrial Engineers at Poly-West are responsible for monitoring, controlling, evaluating and improving blown film extrusion and converting.
- Ensure production lines are operating within established parameters. Determine main cause of process variation and drive corrective action.
- As directed by the plant manager, coordinate with corporate process engineering group to execute changes to process and procedures in order to reduce variability, reduce manufacturing costs, improve product quality, and improve operating efficiency.
- Provide leadership, technical support and training to operations and maintenance employees on established processes, implementation of new procedures and equipment upgrades, and analytical problem solving techniques.
- Monitor and maintain machine control records equipment condition to ensure high performance and run-time.
- Document, recommend, and implement process and procedural proposals based on a combination of data analysis and process reviews.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Poly West
Get fresh Plastic Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!