Join us to make a difference;
together we will strengthen our Community!
Duration of internship: 40 hours per week for 12 week period (480 hours total).
Work schedule: Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Preferred Start Date: May 1, 2020
This internship is designed to offer one student direct exposure to their current coursework in fields related to Information Technology. The student can expect to gain on-the-job experience to support their educational and professional goals. Essential Duties: The duties represent the typical duties and responsibilities assigned to this position to offer student support and direct exposure to their current coursework will include, but not inclusive of all tasks performed.
- Complete and support transfer of files and data during version upgrades on PCs
- Installation of solid state drives and RAM onto computer desktops and laptops.
- Installation of updated versions, software and/or hardware, etc. on 'refurbished 'computers.
- Detailed record keeping including work orders, asset tags, etc.
- Assisting employees not only with initial application and computer installation, but working directly with staff to ensure program/system is operating correctly
- Assist with the fulfillment of various IT related work orders, assist with trouble shooting issues and provide technical support
- Provide general support to the IT team in maintaining hardware, software and other systems
- Adheres to all confidentiality and public record policies and guidelines associated with the IT Department
- Serve employees with respect and integrity, assisting or redirecting any inquires
- Assist with miscellaneous projects, tickets or basic work orders as required
Supervisory Responsibilities: NoneQualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Integrity/Honesty - Contributes to maintaining the integrity of the organization; displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; is trustworthy.
- Superior Customer Service and Community Relations - Anticipates and strives to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders (employees, contracted staff, residents, families, and other internal and external clientele). Delivers high-quality services; is committed to continuous improvement. Communicates/Interacts with members of the public and other key stakeholders in a way that elicits positive response and participation, which on occasion, may include interaction either one-on-one or with several stakeholders at one time to present information and/or represent the facility's interests.
- Accountability - Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering results; setting high standards of performance for self and others
- Results Orientation - Maintains a focus on objectives to be achieved and acts accordingly to ensure their accomplishment. Remains focused on outcome and not process.
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills - Recognizes or uses correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a brief, clear, and organized manner; produces written information, which may include technical material, that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Flexibility - Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with ambiguity.
- Attention to Detail - Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Must be a student completing a Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related major.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, Java, .NET, Java Script Or HTML/DHTML
- Possession of a current valid Driver's License or has access to a regular source of transportation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employment Type: Limited Positon