LibVen- Director, Strategic Projects
PolicyLink Oakland, CA
- Expired: December 04, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Liberation Ventures (LibVen)
Liberation Ventures (LV) is a field builder fueling America's Black-led racial repair movement. LV supports the ecosystem of organizations working on truth, reconciliation, and reparations in order to build public will for a comprehensive federal financial and nonfinancial reparations program. Founded in April 2020, LV is led by Aria Florant and Allen Kwabena Frimpong.
We hope to bring on a passionate person to drive a number of strategic projects within Liberation Ventures as well as across the reparations ecosystem. As Director of Strategic Projects, this person will work most closely with Aria Florant but will collaborate with the full Liberation Ventures team as well as other partner organizations in the ecosystem.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support strategic planning and materials development for Liberation Ventures grantee organizations; materials could include but are not limited to theories of change, theories of action, strategic pillars, timelines, and/or budget information.
- limited to public opinion polling, audience segmentation research, research and writing on the racial repair framework, etc.
- Partner with an impact evaluation consultant to design and develop impact evaluation tools, including a measurement framework, indicators, etc.
- Support materials development for Liberation Ventures, including impact reports, concept notes, pitch decks, etc.
- Build an equitable, high-performing organization. Support budgeting and annual goal-setting processes, standing up governance structures, and engaging advisors and donors.
- Strong understanding of our field of work - racial, economic, and gender justice and their intersections, and the systems and structures that cause ongoing harm in these areas - and experience supporting organizations in these fields by developing and articulating theories of change, theories of action, strategic plans, etc.
- Two + years of experience in management and/or strategy consulting.
- Exceptional project management skills; highly organized and able to manage multiple streams of work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Outstanding relationship builder, with people of all backgrounds and professional experiences; able to see and manage power and privilege dynamics in a group and create working environments where all people are equally valued, feel cared for, and contribute.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills; ability to convene large numbers of people with clear purpose and objectives, and facilitate long-term initiatives that achieve tangible results.
- Strong analytical, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly (once it is safe to do so after the pandemic).
- Position is 100% remote.
- The Liberation Ventures Director, Strategic Projects is a full-time (100% FTE) position.
PolicyLink offers competitive salaries based on the experience and skills of employees. The starting salary range for the position is $90,000 - $100,000, dependent on experience. Additionally, PolicyLink provides an excellent and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k match, ancillary benefits, access to Flexible Spending Accounts, commuter expenses, and generous leave benefits.
We accept online applications only.
Please note: No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
PolicyLink strongly values equity and believes in a just and fair society where all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We work towards a more inclusive world and as such we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. PolicyLink is committed to maintaining a diverse and multicultural working environment.
Liberation Ventures is a fiscally sponsored organization of PolicyLink, a 501c3 nonprofit headquartered in Oakland, California. PolicyLink's 501c3 number is 94-3297479.
BusinessView all jobs at PolicyLink