Accounting Manager / Controller - Permanent Hybrid
Polaris Search Group LLC - client company Hartford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Polaris Search Group LLC has partnered with a growing commercial services & equipment company to assist in their search for an Accounting Manager / Controller (title based on experience & credentials).
Outstanding opportunity to get involved in the operations of a company and provide direction, financial support, financial analyses, and reporting to help drive the business.
The company is growing, financially stable, people-oriented, led by an experienced team, and ready to add this critical position to provide the financial information and support they need to take the company to the next level. Position reports directly to local management with dotted line to the Corporate Controller with parent company.
Competitive compensation and benefits. Base compensation is commensurate with experience and credentials.
· Oversee the general accounting function, including supervision of accounting team (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collections, Billing, Payroll, and Treasury)
· Manage entire close process including review of JE’s, accruals, reserves, reconciliations, and reporting of accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP
· Develop & Drive the quarterly forecast and annual budget process
· Prepare cash forecasts to ensure proper cash management
· Present complete and accurate reports to business leaders with follow up and corresponding supporting detail according to specific deadlines
· Prepare reports, analyses, and insights needed for management decision making
· Ad hoc reporting and development of various analyses
· Proactively seek process improvement opportunities and implement changes
· Bachelor’s degree in Business with concentration in Accounting or Finance (18+ hours of accounting)
· Minimum six to seven years of relevant accounting and financial experience, including two years of progressive supervisory experience with ability to build & lead a growing team
· Experience working within manufacturing, construction, or professional service industries
· Solid experience managing monthly close process, general ledger, and reporting
· Experience developing Budgets and Forecasts
· Microsoft Office suite (advanced Excel proficiency required)
· Strong system skills preferably with an ERP system
· Ability to communicate financial information effectively
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with positive, service-minded attitude
· Experience working within a divisional environment reporting to a US Headquarters
· System conversion experience
· Experience using percentage completion accounting
Polaris Search Group is a Dallas based national search, staffing and consulting firm and an equal opportunity employer. ***ALL information received and/or discussed will be held in strict confidence. Your resume will never be forwarded without your knowledge and consent.***
Polaris Search Group LLC - client companyWhy Work Here?
Fast-Growing, profitable, highly visible position, opportunities for growth and advancement, fun, people-oriented, family environment
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Polaris Search Group LLC - client company