Associate Product Manager
Polaris / Highwater Marine Elkhart, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
Plans, organizes, and manages an assigned product line from concept stage throughout the product life cycle in order to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties. This position reports to the Director of Product Management and Marketing.
Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Defines and executes overall product strategy, research and development requirements, analysis of market research, manufacturing and logistics coordination for new and emerging products.
- Ensures product features/capabilities exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for Brand P&L and therefore ensure product margins meet company objectives.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions, identifying new opportunities and optimizing existing product offerings to position the Brand for continued growth and success.
- Analyzes data and insights to determine industry and consumer trends.
- Coordinates or develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Prepares product development objectives and launch cycles of product development and introduction to market.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including but not limited to sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, service, quality, warranty and operations to develop and provide product support responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Partners with Project Manager to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements.
- Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program's success.
- Responsible for the overall success of the product line.
- Reviews progress continually through product life cycle to ensure attainment of objectives.
- Provide technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications.
- Travels up to 25% of the time including overnight stays and flights within the United States.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree (BS, BA) from accredited college or university or five years' experience in Product Management or related field including:
· Significant experience in market research and financial/technical analysis of emerging markets and products.
· Financial and technical justification of existing products.
· Experience in leading multi-functional teams in strategy development through plan execution.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to and interacting with senior leadership and executives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Decisive and prone to action. Must be Quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents and engineering principles.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write product presentations, articles, surveys and product launch materials with original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as margins, profitability and statistical inference.
- Proven track record of critical thinking, executional excellence, organization, accountability, relationship building and delivering results
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to make agile adjustments in response to business needs
- Highly collaborative with an ability to work across functions and manage conflict while maintaining relationships and achieving results.
- Excellent written, negotiation, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customers' expectations.
- Interest in boating and familiarity with the marine industry a plus
- MBA not required but highly desired
Polaris / Highwater Marine
4500 Middlebury StElkhart, IN
BusinessView all jobs at Polaris / Highwater Marine