Director of Facilities
Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Ind Dowagiac, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Commitment to Customer Service
Service encompasses all aspects of the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indian’s governmental operations. Every employee shares the responsibility to provide exemplary customer service, dignity, and respect to all Tribal Citizens, the Tribal Council, and staff members. To this end, all employees have an obligation to identify and report any service problems, issues, or concerns and through designated channels, initiate, recommend, and actively participate in solutions.
Position Summary: Plan, direct, organize, and coordinate the staff of the Facilities Department by directing the maintenance, repair and upkeep of all tribal buildings and equipment, facilities, grounds, and maintenance operations. Ensure proper maintenance and reliability of all Band infrastructure including water & sewer, electric and gas resources.
- Provide the overall direction, coordination, evaluation, coaching, and development of staff. This includes interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing timely feedback, appraising performance, and providing professional development opportunities; and rewarding and disciplining employees. Proactively address and resolve staff concerns and explore and implement methods and procedures for improving departmental workflow and service to Tribal Citizens.
- Provide strategic leadership and consultation to the Tribal Government and Leadership staff in all areas of facilities services, policies, and programs. Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures in alignment with the Pokagon Band’s Vision, Mission, Expected Outcomes and Strategic Initiatives.
- Analyze utilities and recommend building efficiencies.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects, organizational needs, complaints, and work orders coordinating with Grounds & Maintenance teams and other departments or vendors scheduling and completion of work assignments.
- Reviews and evaluates departmental performance, working through departmental manager to take appropriate steps in resolving unsatisfactory results or conditions.
- Inspects and evaluate physical conditions of properties, ensuring all offices, commercial, and institutional buildings of Tribal properties are fully functional, structurally sound, watertight, insulated, and well maintained.
- Manage and monitor custodial care for tribal-owned buildings, facilities, grounds, and properties.
- Plans and evaluates all phases of property maintenance management, scheduled and unscheduled, and all phases of property cleaning and housekeeping with Grounds & Maintenance, and Cleaning teams.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures (fire, health, safety, etc.).
- Manage contracts and monitors performance for outside service providers.
- Develop policies and procedures for building maintenance functions, grounds, maintenance, and custodial services as well as department inventory control, and worker safety.
- Approves procurement of equipment, supplies, and materials to perform required duties effectively and efficiently.
- Approves various requests, purchase orders, budget documents and plans.
- Creates presentations and presents plans/projects to Tribal Council.
- Develops operating budget with input from department managers and ensures that the operations are maintained within budgetary constraints.
- Act as liaison to contractors, security, burglar, fire alarm service, pest control service, and other providers.
- Read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, codes, and specs interfaces with general contractor on issues related to all projects.
- Oversee the coordination of the usage of facilities by tribal personnel/groups and organizations within the community. Review plans for set-ups, teardowns, cleanup, staff scheduling, and assignment of overtime with Grounds & Maintenance teams to successful support all events.
- Assess, recommend, maintain and manage utility infrastructure to include water, sewage treatment, electric and gas resources.
- Perform other related functions as assigned.
- Standard office equipment.
- Systems used: MS Office Applications, ADP, Great Plains (GP), CRM, Share Point, One-Drive
- General construction equipment including work vehicles, tractors, bobcats.
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities management, building trades or related field OR a minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience in building systems and maintenance, grounds maintenance and custodial services is required.
- Must have High School Diploma / GED.
- Minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in building systems and maintenance, grounds maintenance, and custodial services is required.
- Minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in sewer and water operations and management is preferred. If lacking in this area, completion of small water systems certification is required within one (1) year of employment.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience managing staff and financial budgets required.
- Ability to write estimates, reports, correspondence, materials lists and to read codes, blueprints, and other construction related information.
- Ability to lead a team in managing multiple projects to meet schedules and timelines.
- Ability to analyze problems, offer alternative solutions, and make decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications preferred
- Pokagon Band Preference Code applies.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature and will require sitting, however standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and lifting will occasionally be necessary.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to operate equipment.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- May on occasion need to work in the field to assist the facilities teams.
- Local travel is necessary, so the ability to travel as needed is required.
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Managing Conflicts
- Organization Savvy
- Exemplifying Integrity
- Leading by Example
- Respect and Inclusiveness
Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Ind
Real EstateView all jobs at Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Ind