Job Title: Software Engineer
Reports To: Software Engineer – Team Lead
Payroll Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid | Remote with occasional visits to our office located in Duluth, MN.
Hours: Full Time
Points North, the leading software company in the compliance and reporting space, is seeking a highly technical Software Engineer to join its growing team. This position will work collaboratively with a distributed Agile Scrum team to provide SaaS solutions to it’s customers as well as design, build, integrate, and test sprint backlog items to create a potentially shippable product meeting the definition of done. A successful Software Engineer will maintain focus and commitment while identifying opportunities for improving existing software and processes. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate how their past success will transfer to Points North and how they will thrive in a growing, agile, and fast paced company.
- Collaborate with Product Owner(s) in planning and maintaining current and future sprint backlogs
- Design, develop, and test solution applications according to established acceptance criteria
- Document and deploy software features according to established best practice
- Provide daily scrum updates on sprint goal progress and possible risk(s)
- Demonstrate completed product increment to stakeholders at sprint review ceremonies
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues within Points North applications
- Identify areas of opportunity for code refactoring
- Maintain and expand software development skills; including identification and evaluation of new technologies that could benefit Points North
- Collaborate with members of a distributed Agile Scrum development team while sharing responsibility for meeting commitments
- Participate in daily scrum and other sprint ceremonies as needed
Required Education and Experience
- 3-5 years experience working as a Software Engineer / Developer
- Broad experience developing, testing and deploying software on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Experience quantifying product backlog item effort utilizing the Fibonnaci sequence
- Technical degree or related work experience
- High technical acumen and strong application development background
- Superior development skills utilizing data analysis, C#, SQL Server, and .NET technology
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in an Agile Scrum framework
- Proficiency applying the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto
- Strong organizational skills while demonstrating attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Adept in proactively identifying risk and recommending mitigation and countermeasures
Powered by JazzHR
Points NorthMaple Grove, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.