Womens Residence Dir
Point University West Point, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Point University is a private liberal arts institution that educates our students within a Christian worldview so they are equipped to take their faith into the marketplace and all of life while achieving their professional goals. We are training the next generation of Christian leaders to take the cross to more job sites, churches, industries, and nations than ever before.
The Women’s Residence Director is a full-time position. In addition to a salary, room/board, graduate tuition for one of the university’s graduate program is provided. The position is primarily responsible for maintaining a residential environment which is conducive to students’ academic, emotional, physical, cultural, social and spiritual health.
Responsibilities and Primary Activities:
- Co-supervises Campus Life Ministers (CLMs; traditionally referred to as Resident Assistants) in facilitating social and co-curricular activities.
- Challenges students to develop healthy relationships with peers.
- Supports student engagement initiatives related to academic, spiritual, cultural, athletic/extracurricular, emotional health and wellbeing.
- Assists the Housing Coordinator with housing operations.
- Communicates with residents and facilities to maintain physical condition of university properties.
- Assist the Residence Life team in facilitating semester health and safety inspections, monthly room checks, regular fire drills and other duties related to the safety of the residential community.
- Serves on the Residence Life Committee which address areas related to CLM hiring, training and evaluation.
- Provides mediation services for residential students.
- Available to residents to discuss areas of concern, providing initial guidance and making appropriate referrals to community resources. Assist with mentoring female students in formal and informal ways.
- Contributes to the Professional On-Call rotation which covers evening, weekend and holiday availability for residential students.
Bachelor’s degree and a desire to pursue a career path in Residence Life, Student Life or other areas of campus ministry
- 1 to 2 years Resident Assistant (RA) or CLM experience, or other applicable Residence Life/Student Life experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills
- Proficiency is MSOffice
- Experience supervising others and leading teams preferred
- Resident Director experience preferred
- As Point’s residential campus is primarily composed of student athletes, experienced with collegiate athletes, minorities and first-generation college students is highly preferred
AddressWest Point, GA
Real EstateView all jobs at Point University