Senior Network Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Point Apogee is a U.S. consulting firm headquartered in Woodinville, Washington, assisting high tech companies achieve their goals by providing them with world class technical and management consulting services in telecommunications and software industry. We pioneer the way companies implement innovative solutions that create value, reduce operating costs, and mitigate the risks that prevent companies from reaching their goals. Our consultants are a diverse team of seasoned professionals who provide innovative, customized consulting solutions to greatly improve our client’s performance and profitability. Point Apogee has background in integrating and rolling out next generation networks like 4G and 5G for Tier-1 telecommunications operators.
As a senior Network Engineer your responsibilities will:
- Data Center consolidation efforts
- Consolidating to six data centers
- Ability to work during maintenance windows (10:00 pm to 6:00 am local time)
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams and provide all services of a life cycle management data center network engineer.
- Provide network infrastructure details including switch and router names, port availability to the project team based on requirements.
- Create engagement requests for various data center technician teams based on project requirements
- Follow department processes for change management for all changes
- Perform on-going BAU configuration changes and migrations using AOTS for change management
- Maintain LAN/WAN database for switch assignment inventory
- Create MOP and configure network devices to enable the network design
- Interface with System Administrator(s) and extend teams to enable connectivity as required
What success looks like...
- Success will be measured by your ability to participate in additional Point Apogee or its client’s projects, by contributing towards the company success and working with our innovation team while still ensuring customer satisfaction.
What makes it rewarding…
- It is a good opportunity to expand in new emerging technologies.
- Being a part of this rising company will lead you to empower yourself and become a part of this journey by helping you develop new innovative skills and pushing your limits.
The values we share…
- INTEGRITY. Honest, Principled, and strong relationships
- GOAL ORIENTED: Turn goals into reality.
- BUILD A BETTER WORLD: Building a durable team, product, process, or a partnership that you’re insanely excited about seeing in the world
- PEOPLE AT THE CORE: Training, Mentoring, Empowering
The Skills and Background You Will Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Excellent Development, implementation and configuration skills combined with a proven documentation methodology
- 5+ years working in the enterprise data center environment performing implementation, provisioning, and code upgrades on Nexus switches (N9K, N7K and N5K)
- 3+ years’ experience in the following areas:
- Network design and associated configuration management
- Configuration of ports and VLANs on Nexus 5K and 9K switches
- Writing MOPs associated with changes required in the network
- Updating network plans using Excel and Visio
- Cisco certified (CCNA minimum, CCNP/CCIE preferred)
- US Citizen preferred – fluent English
- Roles will require split-shift duty
- Experience working with Change Management, Agile and DevOps tools
AddressKings Mountain, NC
TechnologyView all jobs at Point Apogee