Electronic Technician C - Telemetry
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is looking for a qualified Electronic Technician C - Telemetry to support our government customer in Kaua'i, Hawaii.
Supporting Measurement Systems/Telemetry, as well as being cross-trained and cross-utilized in other departments, the candidate shall possess working knowledge and be capable of performing, independently or with minimum supervision, carrying out daily O&M requirements for all subsystems. Must be able to operate and maintain, troubleshoot, repair and calibrate all subsystems as required and perform other related tasks on a wide range of electronic systems.
- Assists the Makaha Ridge TM Supervisor and Lead MRSS TM Coordinator in scheduling and completing all tasks related to MRSS O&M support as directed thru PMRF Operations Forecasts, Range Scheduling System, Mission UDS Operations Directive, Briefing and the TM Mission Support Plan.
- Involved in planning and coordination of all MRSS subsystems support requirements, ensuring they are configured in accordance with the Mission OD and TM Support Plan, and not allowing any deviations to the plan without authorization of the TM Program Manager or Operations Conductor.
- Supports performance of all MRSS subsystem calibrations, and system end-to-end mission validation testing, to ensure that all the TM subsystems that will be utilized during a mission are properly configured/set-up and are ready to support a mission.
- Performs periodic inspections and maintenance tasks in accordance with published procedures and/or O&M guidelines. Documents results of all maintenance actions in systems and equipment records.
- Troubleshoot and repair systems/equipment by reading and interpreting electronic/mechanical schematics and using simple and complex test equipment.
- MR/Koke'e radar system administrative (patching and scanning) Maintenance Support/Fleet Operations support and MATSS system administrative maintenance support (patching and scanning)
- Assists in the preparation of systems reports, preventive maintenance logs and other logs or reports as they pertain to the daily operations of TM systems.
- Perform system administrative (patching and scanning) Support duties for systems and operations.
- Install, check, calibrate and perform acceptance tests on new, modified and relocated systems and equipment, while also providing assistance to Systems Engineers in support of DLM or system upgrades.
- Participate in PMRF Scheduling, Planning and Coordination Meetings as directed.
- Assist the Makaha Ridge TM Branch Supervisor in responding to customer directed tasks such as Requests for Proposal(RFP), contract mods, Contract Task Orders(CTO), proposed system development, modification or overhaul.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be capable of supporting operations at sea up to 21 days in length, with a potential of 8-10 operations per year requiring some time at sea.
- Lifting, pushing and pulling over 50 lbs. (two men assist)
- Walking, sitting, standing, crawling, kneeling or cramped
- Work requiring repeated stooping or frequent stair climbing
- Customer Contact
- Extended workday
- Confined work area
- Office laboratory
- Field assignment
- Inclement weather
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of progressive experience in a related field with a minimum of two years experience in the TM and Communications field. Experience with VHF, UHF, HF, SATCOMM and Flight Termination Systems a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic electronics, computers, electronic equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Thorough knowledge of TM Systems, Principles, Theory, and IRIG Standards. Experience with VHF, UHF, HF, Sat Comm, and Flight Termination Systems desired.
- Must be able to demonstrate good knowledge of electronics theory and be proficient in reading and interpreting complicated schematic diagrams for troubleshooting and repair to the component level.
- Must be able to use, apply and understand complex test and measuring equipment.
- Must have a current soldering certificate from a commercial firm, technical or USN School.
- Must possess the following PC skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows
Prior experience maintaining/troubleshooting radar systems are a plus.
- High school graduate or equivalent + 2-year tech school in electronic systems
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain the certification requirements with DOD 8570.01-M and an Operating Environment Certification commensurate with contract requirements. DOD 8570.01-M certification is mandatory (at least an IAT I level certification) within 60 days of employment for continued employment. Certification within the required Computing Environment must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Interim Secret security clearance [highly preferred] (Ideal candidate must be able to obtain/maintain an active DoD Secret clearance.)
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 11 paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, Kapili Services, and Po`okela Solutions. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
Po`okela Solutions, LLCKauai Island, HI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.