The Director of Nursing is responsible for overseeing the professional nursing staff and certified nursing assistants in the delivery of Home Care services.
- Supervise or manage all personnel who provide direct patient care.
- Ensure that the professional standards of community nursing practice are maintained by all nurses providing care.
- Adhere to Agency procedure and patient care policy.
- In conjunction with Administrator of Strategic Health Initiatives establish service policies and procedures regarding safety, universal precautions, and infection control.
- Set or adopt policies for, and keep records of criteria for admission to service, case assignments, and case management.
- Case manager for all cases involving nursing care.
- Responsible for the clinical record for each patient receiving nursing care.
- Assure progress reports are made to physician for patients receiving nursing services.
- Makes supervisory visits to patient’s home every 60 days for those clients with nursing services.
- Assign patient care.
- Complete admission assessments for home health within 48 hours after services commence.
- Write Plan of Care for each patient.
- Conduct competency checks for LPN’s and CNA’s and participates in annual staff evaluations.
- Assist with yearly flu clinic project.
- Manage the ongoing quality assurance program.
Plymouth Harbor offers the following benefits:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Vision
Prescription Drug Coverage
Generous Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
Employee Assistance Program
Wellness Program including fitness center
For immediate consideration email resumes to HR Recruiter, Eric Hugan- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941.361.7538
- Must have valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Minimum three years’ supervisory experience as a registered nurse in Home Health.
Why Work Here?Join the winning team!! Plymouth Harbor creates a positive atmosphere for all team members to grow, succeed, and maintain a work life balance in a family environment.
Plymouth Harbor on Sarasota Bay offers a full package of benefits to our full time employees and it is a great place to work!