The Customer Service Representative is the primary point of contact for customers; assisting with order entry, product selection and issue resolution. This position the liaison between manufacturing, logistics, sales, marketing and other functional areas as required to serve the needs of the customer.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with assigned customer base
- Monitors and ensures incoming order and quote requests are entered promptly.
- Works with sales team to drive customer facing order system adoption
- Creates an environment for the customer that makes every experience pleasant
- Provides prompt and efficient response and resolution to customer inquiries; such as quality, delivery coordination, product availability, customer pricing and/or billing, etc.
- Investigates issues and prepares/processes credit memos, debit memos, and return material authorizations as needed to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
- Advises customers on manufacturing and delivery conditions that may affect their order
- Provides product technical information to customers and recommends alternative materials or products. Refers customer to appropriate qualified divisional personnel to assist with more sophisticated technical inquiries.
- Assists in solicitation and sales of company products and services to new and existing customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school degree or GED required. Education at the college level is preferred. Experience: Minimum of three years' experience in a responsible position tasked with meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to balance Customer Service with company policy
- Ability to work with all customers effectively (internal and external)
- Ability to analyze a situation to determine the root cause and identify a solution
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word with the ability to learn new systems for advanced productivity
- Strong leadership and teaming skills
- Ability to selfdirect and take initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail