Senior Java Developer
- Posted: over a month ago
Location: Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD
Who YOU are:
As a future Senior Java Developer at Plus3 IT Systems, you:
- Are passionate about working on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Aren't satisfied with status quo, and regularly look for creative ways to solve problems and help your team meet commitments
- Are insatiably curious – you ask why, you explore, and you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea
- Love learning new technologies and sharing them with your team
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams to solve complex business problems together
- Use your experience to motivate your teammates to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Have the ability to multitask and work with limited supervision
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and integrate software and systems engineering in support of Amazon Web Services (AWS)-based systems.
- Design and code new software and/or modify existing software to add new features, debug or improve existing software, and correct defects.
- Collaborate with a team of developers using code management tools such as Gitlab
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization. Troubleshoot complex software issues.
- Design and develop web applications in Java, Python, .xml, and/or JSON.
- Provide design, coding, testing and validation of software
- Configure, administer, and support virtualized environments in AWS.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide mitigation strategies.
- Deploy, configure, secure, and monitor common services.
- Design and update software databases.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and document test results.
- Providing direction and guidance to less experienced systems engineers and developers
- Top Secret Clearance, with ability to obtain SCI with CI Poly
- A Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant experience OR a High School diploma with 12+ years of relevant experience
- Security+ or DoD 8570 Certification required
Desired Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Visual Studio Community
- Java 8 JDK
- Netbeans 12 IDE
- LIBVMDK, LIBVHD, LIBEWF
- Cygwin (with git, python 2, and python3)
- Relevant certification for cloud and/or development
Please note this position requires a mix of onsite and telework work
As a result of Executive Order 14042, Plus3 IT requires all employees for this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For the definition of fully vaccinated, please refer to the most up to date information located at the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety: Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Plus3 IT Systems
TechnologyView all jobs at Plus3 IT Systems