Senior Cloud Architect/Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Where: National Capital Region or St. Louis, MO
On/Off site: 80% off-site, however, there is a requirement to be on-site for certain activities
Who YOU are:
As a future Senior Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer at Plus3 IT Systems, you:
- Are passionate about working on cutting-edge, high-profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Aren't satisfied with status quo, and regularly look for creative ways to solve problems and help your team meet commitments
- Are insatiably curious – you ask why, you explore, and you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea
- Are a strong self-performer that also flourishes in a team setting; and love the ability to work on multiple clients/projects simultaneously
- Love learning new technologies and sharing them with your team
- Have a keen interest in learning and/or using any and all appropriate and approved tools, especially Cloud-based and Open Source, to solve the problem at hand
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams to solve complex business problems together
- Use your experience and leadership skills to motivate your teammates to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Are obsessed with automation, simplicity, and smooth-running systems
What you'll be doing:
The Senior Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer will work on a team at NGA that engineers and operates DevSecOps pipeline tools and Platform Services running on AWS unclassified as well as AWS on classified domains. This team of senior engineers supports a variety of projects across the organization sharing the ultimate goal to accelerate the development and authorization of applications for NGA.
- Create strategies and high level plans for modernization and management of DevSecOps tools and container platform services
- Work with team members to design, architect, and implement solutions across geographic locations
- Evangelize methodologies for building and operating highly available, scalable services
- Monitor industry trends and suggest architectural improvements
- Conduct prototypes and proof of concept projects to enable data-driven decision making and inform technical roadmaps
- Create, assess, update, and maintain documentation about Product Lines
- Look for opportunities to improve all operations processes
- Evaluate, build, and modify automation for deploying and operating production services
- Provide leadership in reducing and resolving production incidents (e.g., Site Reliability Engineering)
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, or ten years experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Five plus years of experience with AWS cloud services
- Five year's experience finding and fixing critical, customer-facing production issues
- Familiarity with cloud-native application development, especially in the context of Kubernetes-based deployments
- Experience in the development of object-oriented software with languages like Java,, Python, ideally in SOA applications
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS,
- SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards for building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments
- In-depth experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry/Tanzu Application Platform
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- DoD 8750 Identity Access Manager (IAM) Level 1 certification compliance
- Master's degree or fifteen years of experience in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Understanding of DevSecOps
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks
- Knowledge of APIs and RESTful services
- Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores
- Understanding of OpenShift and Tanzu, container modernization and solutions, and application migrations
- Active TS/SCI clearance
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and storage cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and work days are Monday through Friday. Specific work hours are established with Team Lead. This position is eligible for telework upon approval. Some travel may be required with advance notice.
Plus3 IT Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com [include name and/or department, telephone, and e-mail address].
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, we are required to stay in compliance with Executive Order 14042 with the most up to date information provided at the following link (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/).
Pay Transparency Notice: Executive Order 11246 requires government contractors to notify applicants and employees of their rights, subject to certain limitations, to discuss, disclose or inquire about compensation or compensation information. Plus3 IT Systems will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge; (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer; or (c) consistent with Plus3 IT Systems' legal duty to furnish information.
Plus3 IT Systems
TechnologyView all jobs at Plus3 IT Systems