Expert Cloud Solutions Architect - AWS - Full Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
Where: 100% Remote
Citizenship: U.S. Only
Start Date: Immediately
Who YOU are:
As a future Expert Cloud Solutions Architect at Plus3 IT Systems, you:
- Are passionate about working on cutting-edge, high-profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Aren't satisfied with status quo, and regularly look for creative ways to solve problems and help your team meet commitments
- Are insatiably curious – you ask why, you explore, and you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea
- Are a strong self-performer that also flourishes in a team setting; and love the ability to work on multiple clients/projects simultaneously
- Love learning new technologies and sharing them with your team
- Have a keen interest in learning and/or using any and all appropriate and approved tools, especially Cloud-based and Open Source, to solve the problem at hand
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams to solve complex business problems together
- Use your experience and leadership skills to motivate your teammates to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Are obsessed with automation, simplicity, and smooth-running systems
What you'll be doing:
The Expert Cloud Solutions Architect will work on a team that will be developing the cloud strategy and architecture for a multi-cloud hybrid solution. Work with a team that will lead and advise on the cloud migration and adoption of multiple cloud service providers.
- Create strategies and high level assessments and plans for modernization and management of DevSecOps tools and container platform services
- Work with team members to design, architect, assess, and implement solutions across geographic locations
- Evangelize methodologies for building and operating highly available, scalable services
- Monitor industry trends and suggest architectural improvements
- Conduct prototypes and proof of concept projects to enable data-driven decision making and inform technical roadmaps
- Look for opportunities to improve and automate all operations processes
- Evaluate, build, and modify automation for deploying and operating production services
- Provide leadership in reducing and resolving production incidents (e.g., Site Reliability Engineering)
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- 5-7 years experience architecting and deploying complex systems to AWS
- In-depth experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, etc
- Understanding of DevSecOps tools and practices
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks
- Knowledge of APIs and RESTful services
- Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automation processes and tools: Terraform, etc
- Experience with security in the cloud: Intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning
- Experience with monitoring solutions: ELK, Splunk, SUMO, Nagios, Prometheus
- Working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards for building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments
- Experience with DevSecOps tools and techniques including CI/CD
- Experience with Docker to create and manage containers
- Experience with enterprise container platforms and orchestration systems
- Experience doing agile software development in a team setting
- Experience in the development of object-oriented software with languages like Java, C++, Python or Ruby
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
- Prefer individuals located in the DMV area
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and storage cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and work days are Monday through Friday. Specific work hours are established with Team Lead. This position is eligible for telework upon approval. Some travel may be required with advance notice.
Plus3 IT Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com [include name and/or department, telephone, and e-mail address].
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, we are required to stay in compliance with Executive Order 14042 with the most up to date information provided at the following link (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/).
Pay Transparency Notice: Executive Order 11246 requires government contractors to notify applicants and employees of their rights, subject to certain limitations, to discuss, disclose or inquire about compensation or compensation information. Plus3 IT Systems will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge; (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer; or (c) consistent with Plus3 IT Systems' legal duty to furnish information.
Plus3 IT Systems
TechnologyView all jobs at Plus3 IT Systems