Director of Rooms
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Rooms Director aims to oversee, implement and manage the day-to-day operations of Guest Services, Front Office, Bell, and housekeeping duties and activities. To ensure efficient, professional handling of arriving and departing hotel guest and to include home residences.
- Must instill a calm, organized approach in all situations. Coach employees how to resolve and de-escalate conflicts. Instill a “can-do” and guest service attitude in all employees.
- Must develop and implement strategies for the Rooms Division focusing on customer service improvements and operational efficiency.
- To work with Hotel Revenue manager to drive and understand revenues and seasonal impacts with the upmost of communication and training to maximize revenues.
- To understand and respond to all guest and residence needs and request in a timely and professional manner.
- To assist the Guest Service team in exceeding guest expectations and employee performance through a Concierge-style service for all guests both FIT and Group
- Manage guest needs and requests with internal team.
- Ensure that a strong and continuous line of communication within internal departments and guests is implemented and followed.
- To hire, recruit, train, schedule, support, review, discipline, and terminate employees directly accountable to his/her position, to maintain highest possible levels of employee morale and department productivity.
- To monitor overtime and manage labor to ensure that payroll cost stay within budgetary guidelines.
- To provide gracious and sincere customer service to all arriving hotel guests, including offering the assistance of a bell person; giving directions to guests to restaurant, and other hotel facilities; and distributing and explaining package introduction letters, where applicable.
- To provide feedback to the General Manager on guest issues.
- To ensure the proper handling of guest check-ins by Guest Service staff, including welcoming guests; obtaining; identification and establishing credit; accurately completing all necessary paperwork; accurately entering information into hotel computer system; explaining to guests all aspects of their package format or group arrangements; and ensuring guest satisfaction with rooms and other arrangements.
- To manage all specified procedures in administering the affairs of the Concierge desk, including shipping, directions, dinner reservations, tickets, gift certificates and amenities.
- To manage all specified procedures in administering the affairs of the Bell/Valet department, including coordination of bag pull, ski/board valet, transportation, parking vehicles, rooming guests, amenity deliveries, up selling, property explanation.
- To work closely with Engineering department and communicate all hotel maintenance requests.
- To assist in the management of housekeeping and contracted cleaners to ensure seamless communication on stayovers, check ins, and checkouts.
- The Director of Rooms will ensure and maintain cleanliness, service and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices, and banquet/meeting/conference rooms in accordance with federal, local and company health, sanitation and safety standards.
- To utilize Revinate and online reviews to communicate and enhance service to our guests.
- To utilize SQS and shopping scores to communicate and enhance service to our guests.
- To provide service in accordance with our Mission Statement.
- To oversee all aspects of the Concierge desk, including, but not limited to, staffing, training, vendor relations, customer service, scheduling, and disciplining.
- To become a “property expert” on the property’s PMS system.
- To personally ensure the satisfactory condition of VIP rooms prior to occupancy, including special attentions provided to repeat guest.
- To ensure that all Guest Service team members are kept informed of all status changes.
- To handle all guest complaints diplomatically and effectively, referring to the General Manager, if necessary.
- To maximize hotel revenue through salesmanship, status control and maintenance of the “Yield Management” system.
- To assist, as directed, to prepare annual departmental budget, according to the specifications set forth by the General Manager with the assistance of the property Controller.
- To continually monitor and control departmental expenditures to ensure meeting operational standards while maintaining annual budget.
- To be completely familiar with hotel emergency procedures and provide calm reassuring assistance to guests and fellow employees in the event of an emergency.
- To ensure proper maintenance and control of guest keys by Guest Service staff.
- To participate in PlumpJack Inn MOD program, and attend company events, as directed.
- To follow all specified procedures to correctly handle all cash, credit, and gift certificate transactions.
- To properly document Personnel/Payroll transactions, as directed, for processing in the Human Resources office.
- Maintain vendor relationships and code/submit all department invoices in a timely manner.
- To represent and market The PlumpJack Inn in a positive and professional manner as requested and continually promote PJI internally and externally by attending special events when requested and building relationships both on and off property.
- To promote and comply with all policies and procedures of the PlumpJack Inn.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions and avoid injury to self and others.
- To always maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
- Demonstrated ability to train staff and ensure luxury resort customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong sense of customer service standards and expectations & safety awareness
- Works well with a team.
- Ability to effectively manage staff to maintain a high level of moral and productivity.
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel or Business Management, or equivalent experience, required.
- Must have a minimum five years experience in hotel front desk position, including seven years management experience.
- Must be computer literate and be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Familiar with OSHA, SB198, local Department of Health regulations, and relevant current laws governing handling of hazardous substance.
- Stands/walks short to long distances approximately 60% of shift.
- Sits at desk or in meetings approximately 40% of shift.
- Moderated use of phones, daily
- Uses computer approximately 45% of shift.
- Must be flexible to work long, sometimes irregular hours.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
Get fresh Director of Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.