Internal Staff Accountant II (Remote)
Sr. Staff Accountant II (SAII)
Job Description | Full Time | Remote
*Must be either on the Pacific Coast, or able to work Pacific Coast hours (8-5 PT)
Job Description – Essential Functions/Core
At Plumb, our Senior Staff Accountant IIs are resourceful problem solvers and strategic, business-minded professionals who thrive in a fast-paced working environment. SAIIs are critical thinkers and are calm under pressure. Specific examples of a typical day/week are as follows:
- Internal Work – Understand Plumb’s Internal Accounting’s deliverables, timelines, accounts, processes, procedures, and communication styles:
- Heavy A/P and A/R on a daily basis. Manage A/P process and A/R process, including customer invoicing.
- Full-cycle accounting, ensuring that complex issues are resolved, and all management and team members’ expectations are managed and exceeded with a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain employee and company confidentiality and keep all Plumb information organized and up to date.
- Is actively involved in financial statement preparations.
- Perform transactional accounting, general bookkeeping responsibilities that include managing AP, AR, and payroll.
- Strive to go beyond the numbers and provide context to the reports and being proactive for Plumb.
- Complete monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Provide excellent customer service to team members.
- Train SAIs on all Plumb’s processes.
- Delegate work to SAIs on the team and review their work.
- Team Mentality – Has a team mindset on the assigned tasks, understands the team’s goals and contributes to streamline the process of completing the set goals.
- Prioritize team workload, keeping utilization metrics consistent with set goals.
- Set SMART goals for individual needs to ensure professional growth and success within our Plumb community.
- Develop and foster positive, respectful relationships with clients, management, and team members.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new methods, procedures, and techniques that embrace change.
Job Description – Future/Bigger Picture
SAIIs are experts at balancing their workload and tight deadlines. SAIIs analyze challenges and devise out-of-the-box solutions. Some areas where this position can contribute are as follows:
- Self-Driven, Self-Disciplined, and Self-Motivated - Understand how to prioritize your work, be able and willing to shift gears, find solutions to challenges, and take action to complete all projects and tasks in a timely manner. Within the first 3 months, work to take on and take ownership of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes.
- Process Improvement – Contribute new ideas to add value to our current processes or project management.
- Manage Expectations- Be able to meet the specific goals and needs of the management team. Contribute to ensuring financial objectives are met or exceeded by completing assigned tasks by their deadline. Set clear objectives and manage expectations through proactive communication, thorough financial analysis, and problem solving.
- Think Plumb- Bring new ideas to the table that add value to our Plumb community: focus on responsive solutions that help manage client and team expectations. Model Plumb Principles in action to staff and instill these principles into your team.
The following software systems are used frequently, and extensive experience is preferred:
- Sage Intacct
- Microsoft Excel (advanced abilities – pivot table experience intermediate)
- Microsoft Office
Skillsets and Recommended Requirements
We are looking for a candidate who can handle the tasks of our internal accounting needs of getting the job done to ensure profitability, smooth operation of the internal accounting, and growth of Plumb moving forward. Here are the primary skillsets and characteristics a successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Staff Accountant.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to be a task master if/when necessary.
- Very good communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Experience working remotely and tracking time.
- 2+ years’ experience interacting with executive teams or business owners is preferred.
- Project Accounting background, specifically in NetSuite or Sage Intacct is a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills working with various office equipment, computers and programs including databases, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Financial reporting experience
- Ability to work Pacific Time hours (8AM - 5PM PT)
To be a premier accounting solutions firm and software consulting resource, valued as an expert and trusted advisor in all the industries we serve and committed to the enrichment of both our clients and employees.
Plumb stands behind our core values of Commitment, Stakeholder Enrichment and Continuous Improvement. We aim to ensure that these guiding principles flow on to our clients, team members, centers of influence and community.
Room for growth!
Founded in 1996 Plumb’s mission is to help companies and individuals achieve their business and financial goals by providing an unparalleled array of customized and effective software and accounting solutions. Through our proprietary system Plumb becomes a highly effective extension of internal client operations, ensuring timely, dependable and cost-effective results. Our Vision: To be a premier accounting solutions firm and software consulting resource, valued as an expert and trusted advisor in all the industries we serve and committed to the enrichment of both our clients and employees. Core Values: Plumb stands behind our core values of Commitment, Stakeholder Enrichment and Continuous Improvement. We aim to ensure that these guiding principles flow on to our clients, team members, centers of influence and community.
PlumbSan Diego, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.