Our goal at Villa Las Palmas is to wonderfully enrich thousands of lives, one person at a time. We are dedicated to providing person-centered health care services and are passionate about serving our residents and their families in a nurturing, transitional environment between hospital and home.
Purpose of Your Job Position
Primary purpose of this position is to conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI), that is, the Minimum Data Set (MDS), Care Are Assessments (CAAs) and Care Plan in accordance with State and Federal requirements. The MDS Nurse participates as part of the facility Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the systems and processes to manage patients receiving skilled services as assigned. Performs other nursing duties as assigned.
1. Coordinates the interdisciplinary team in timely completion of the assessments.
2. Utilizes MDS Scheduler to plan and set MDS Assessment Reference Dates (ARDs).
3. Communicates ARD selection for specific MDSs to IDT.
4. Completes the MDS sections as assigned.
5. Completes CAAs as required.
6. Completes Care Plan items and attends Care Plan meetings as assigned.
7. Monitors overall the documentation in the medical record to validate that it supports MDS coding.
8. Participates in skilled utilization and State Case Mix management as assigned.
9. Provides teaching and training for MDS item completion to interdisciplinary team members that have responsibility for MDS item completion.
10. Provides teaching and mentoring of CNA staff along with Director of Nurses and Staff Development related to completion of the Nursing ADL documentation.
Performs nursing duties as assigned.
LVN, LPN, or RN
At least two years experience working in a long term care setting.
Experiencing with RAI process and MDS certification preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
We love our employees and work hard to ensure our team members enjoy flexible scheduling, career stability, and opportunities for growth. And, we are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time staff.
- Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente Health Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Dental insurance by Delta Dental
- 401(k) provided by T. Rowe Price
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free continuing education units through PlumUniversity.com
- And much more!
EOE - M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Plum Healthcare Group, LLC does not own or operate skilled nursing facilities. Plum supports an affiliated family of independently licensed and operated skilled nursing providers by providing an array of administrative and consulting support services. References to “Plum” or the words “company,” “we,” “our,” “us,” “its” or similar language do not imply that Plum Healthcare Group, LLC has direct operating assets, employees, or revenue or that any of the affiliated entities, including facilities or other businesses are operated or managed by the same entity.