We are looking for an experienced Director of Nursing to organize and oversee all nursing operations of our premiere facility located in San Diego. As our Director of Nursing, you will create a collaborative and efficient workplace with attention to high- quality standards and policies. There, all personnel will be able to do their best in caring for the residents we serve.
Our ideal Director of Nursing should be a hard-working and compassionate registered nurse who steadily developed their managerial and administrative skills, working collaboratively with his/her team. In this position, you will be able to seamlessly manage a high volume of admissions and discharges in a fast-paced environment. Being efficient, dedicated, a good listener and a problem-solver is what will open our door for you.
Your goal is to foster an excellent environment that will support everyone in working to the benefit of the facility and residents alike.
Responsibilities include (not limited to)
- Direct, oversee and evaluate all nursing personnel (registered nurses, LVN etc.)
- Guide staffing procedures
- Set objectives and long-term goals for the nursing department
- Organize and coordinate admission, nursing and patient care procedures
- Develop and enforce policies aiming for legal compliance and high-quality standards
- Control budgets and monitor expenditures
- Resolve issues and deficiencies when needed
- Manage record-keeping procedures
- Collaborate with other departments and professionals to streamline operations
- Report to upper management
Requirements include (not limited to)
- Proven experience as Director of Nursing in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- In-depth knowledge of SNF procedures and KPI/KQIs of patient care
- Understanding of basic budgeting and financial reporting
- Great knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare
- Willingness to keep abreast of changing standards in nursing administration
- Excellent ability to lead and develop personnel
- Great communication and people skills
- Outstanding organizational and stress management skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing; Master’s degree in nursing or healthcare administration is a plus
For immediate consideration, please submit resume.
All applicants will receive an acknowledgement that their application has been received. Those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Plum Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We love our employees and work hard to ensure our team members enjoy flexible scheduling,
career stability, and opportunities for growth. And, we are proud to offer the following benefits
to all full-time staff.
- Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente Health Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Dental insurance by Delta Dental
- 401(k) provided by T. Rowe Price
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free continuing education units through PlumUniversity.com
- And much more!
EOE - M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Plum Healthcare Group, LLC does not own or operate skilled nursing facilities. Plum supports an affiliated family of independently licensed and operated skilled nursing providers by providing an array of administrative and consulting support services. References to “Plum” or the words “company,” “we,” “our,” “us,” “its” or similar language do not imply that Plum Healthcare Group, LLC has direct operating assets, employees, or revenue or that any of the affiliated entities, including facilities or other businesses are operated or managed by the same entity.