Plexus is a highly respected leader in the EMS industry, specializing in the mid- to low-volume, higher-complexity market and is embarking on a journey - one that takes us into new territories and builds on the amazing things our people have achieved together with our customers. We're growing and that means lots of new things - new people, new skills, new approaches to doing things. At the same time, we continue to strengthen the ways we delight our customers every day. So what does it take to bring our ideas, vision and strategy to life? We know that it's all about the people.
We are looking for a highly talented individual to create, manage, and execute the account strategy for an assigned set of customers within our Aerospace and Defense Market Sector. Our Customer Managers provide the primary-and critical-interface between our customers and Plexus. They work with current customers to understand their needs and ensure Plexus is delivering across our entire Product Realization Value Chain. This position will be located at our facility in Boise, Idaho.
Check out what a career at Plexus can offer you!
- Innovative, dynamic and fast-paced
- Continuous improvement focused
- Focused on relationship and team building
- Committed to customer service excellence
Ready to get started?
- Create a working account plan which includes TCAR analysis and strategies/tactics to increase profitable revenue, account penetration and engagement points (including manufacturing and engineering). Develop innovative and creative solutions that will help further differentiate the Plexus service offering with our customers. Successfully execute plans while engaging the broader Plexus organization, as appropriate, while continually improving customer satisfaction and "stickiness."
- Ensure Plexus meets or exceeds the expectations of customers. Advocate for customer needs within Plexus and represent Plexus' needs and interests to the customer. Translate the needs and interests into action that meets or exceeds customer satisfaction goals and creates mutual benefit for Plexus. Lead a cross-functional Plexus team that includes engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, costing, financial and legal experts to ensure we continue meeting or exceeding customer expectations and needs.
- Increase Plexus' revenue and profitability. Establish clearly defined financial objectives for customers. Partner with manufacturing and engineering to proactively manage the customer P&L; to ensure we meet/exceed the objectives.
- Build and develop multi-level relationships, including executive level, with customers and internally. Be fully conversant and intimate with the customer business model, competition, market and needs. Partner with other key Plexus functions (e.g. manufacturing and engineering) in furthering the customer relationship.
- Forecasting: Communicate with customers to ensure that the forecasts that are received are timely, are as accurate as possible, and are consistent with the pricing model.
- Contracts: Lead negotiations with customers for pricing and/or contractual changes and ensure that both Plexus and the customer are compliant with existing manufacturing and engineering contractual agreements.
- Inventory: Closely monitor obsolete, slow moving, and excess inventory (OIX) levels and negotiate ways to reduce and/or eliminate OIX inventory with the customers.
- Customer Visit Planning: Lead Plexus customer site visit planning and drive the Plexus manufacturing and engineering sites with preparing for these visits in ways consistent with the Customer Care Guidelines. Ensure that meeting goals are communicated to the appropriate people prior to the meeting.
- Customer Visit Execution: When present during customer visits must own the agenda and ensure that the meeting is progressing in such a way as to ensure that the meeting's objectives and goals are being met. Following the meeting, must ensure that meeting notes, actions, and next steps are communicated and executed per the expectations set in the meeting.
- Project Management: Monitor ongoing Plexus led projects and intervene when appropriate to ensure that the customer and Plexus are aligned. Proactively communicate status to internal and external customers as appropriate.
- Request for Quotes: Lead Plexus's response to Requests for Quotations (RFQ's) from customers by entering the appropriate information into Plexus's quote tracking tool, participating in meetings, and ensuring Plexus' and the customer's actions are closed as expected. Lead and communicate quotation strategy and ensure that all internal teams are aligned with objectives of the RFQ.
- Promote the Plexus brand through application of Plexus Values and Leadership Competencies.
- Frequent travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 50%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; a Master's level coursework is preferred.
- Five (5) years of related experience is required; Three (3) or more years of related experience is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Able to make sound, logical and reasonable decisions with minimal guidance.
- Able to apply solution selling knowledge and capabilities.
- Applies financial acumen to influence customers and constituents.
- Basic understanding of electronics manufacturing is required.
- General office equipment and materials.
- The work setting should consist of an office environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level.
**This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.__
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S. persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
- Posted 2 Days Ago
- Full time