WHO ARE WE:
Every idea starts with a purpose. From healthcare/life sciences to industrial/commercial to communications to aerospace/defense we create the products that build a better world. We're a global team of over 19,000 engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and service experts that partner with our customers to bring their products to life. Whether you're looking to start, make a change, or advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world around us.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
Our Plexus Manufacturing Solution Buffalo Grove, IL location is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer. As the Supplier Quality Engineer you will be the key liaison between operations, suppliers, and the customer, ensuring that overall specifications, quality/regulatory requirements, and expectations are met for all purchased product.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Conduct supplier audits to defined assessment criteria to ensure supplier capabilities meet current and future strategic growth requirements including regulatory, business and customer Quality Management System requirements and applicable process/product qualification and controls.
- Lead problem part resolution through all phases of operations, including containment, segregation, non confirming materials(NCM) review, and trend analysis activities relative to supplied non-conforming parts. Responsible for leading required supplier corrective action activities resulting from non-conforming parts and supplier audits. Supports and leads supplier process development activities as required (e.g. process validation capability).
- Monitor supplier quality performance metrics, inclusive of product yield and SCAR response rates. Provide necessary supplier feedback to drive supplier performance improvement. Produce supplier metrics to support customer and supplier business reviews.
- Determine supplier flowdown and receiving inspection requirements (inspection criteria, sampling levels) to assure purchased products meet both Plexus and Customer requirements to enable flawless execution within our manufacturing operations.
- Support containment, segregation, NCM review, and trend analysis processes activities relative to supplied parts.
- Support overall site Quality Management System through metrics, auditing, etc.
- Facilitate reporting and notifying suppliers of cost-recovery requirements resulting from the need to contain, segregate or handle non-conforming parts.
- Support alternative supplier selection.
- Mentor and support receiving inspection activities and process effectiveness.
- Participates in customer-facing supplier quality activities.
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 5-10%).
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- 5-7 years of related experience; manufacturing experience preferred.
- Broad understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Advanced Industry/Manufacturing Knowledge.
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills.
- General office equipment and materials.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S. persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.