The Senior Project Manager’s primary role is to provide overall administrative and technical direction
for all projects. Overseeing the District’s capital design and construction projects from the design to
D.S.A. close-out, ensuring project goals and objectives are met, while maintaining compliance with
District policies and procedures and all relevant regulations.
Plans and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are
accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Working closely with the entire
team, the Senior PM will direct and participate in all aspects of project delivery including estimating,
cost management, budget forecasting, scheduling, subcontract negotiations and client management.
- Develop strong proactive relationship with clients
- Communicates timely to client about change orders, schedule, contracts, etc.
- Act as a trusted adviser to the Project Team, Owner and Architect
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the construction schedule. Monitor schedule and collaborate with team and subcontractors to meet milestones
- Manage and oversee program design, bid and construction phases including constructability review and value engineering efforts to ensure project goals and objectives are met
- Prepare project bid documents including CSI Division 1, general conditions, special conditions and deductive alternates; participate in all bid and award phase procedures and requirements.
- Prepare general and trade contractor pre-qualification documentation and oversee selection process.
- Track, review, approve and record capital construction project communications, documentation and accounting.
- Related communication includes construction phase documentation such as meeting minutes, job schedules, shop drawings, submittals, daily logs, field orders, requests for information, proposal requests, change orders, pay requests, inspection reports, special inspection tests results and other written project communication.
- Conduct periodic job walks to ensure contract performance, schedule and the highest quality of workmanship.
- Support the needs of the District faculty, staff, student body and the local community on all construction related issues; ensure construction site perimeter and surrounding areas are secured, including site, vehicle and pedestrian access.
- Monitor general and trade contractor performance including review and approval of payrequests.
- Monitor DSA inspector of record and materials testing and inspection performance including review and approval of pay requests.
- Exercise sound judgment in claims prevention and dispute avoidance.
- Monitor FF&E procurement and installation, project close-out and warranty period; take appropriate action as needed.
- Develop move-in schedule and effectively manage implementation. Handle special projects in a professional and thorough manner to ensure overall bond program success.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Coordinates project activities with all regulatory agencies.
- Implement and participate in the company’s Safety Program
- Analyze workload and staffing levels proactively and work to resolve issues related to manpower
- Track and manage insurance and subcontractor agreements and act as a business partner
- Work with senior management by keeping them informed summarizing information and trends
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS in Engineering or related degree (advanced degree helpful) or equivalent work experience
- Project Management experience with School Districts, K-12, or Higher Education/Community Colleges is required.
- Must have strong experience in management of large, high-risk projects and/or multiple projects
- Broad experience and technical skills in many relevant disciplines (estimating, preconstruction, field operations, management and project accounting/finance)
- Proven client relationship and management skills
- Thorough knowledge of MEP systems and complex structures
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and influencing skills
- Must have a robust knowledge of Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and
Word Processing software.