We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team! You will performs professional review of financial and programmatic functions for Federal (FEMA) and state grants administered by the client for municipal and county governments, state agencies, school districts and eligible public non-profit organizations. Monitors grant operations and each financial system and evaluates efficiency, effectiveness of controls, accuracy of records and compliance with policies and procedures client, state and Federal statutes and regulations. Assists in developing and oversees implementation of standardized financial grant compliance guidance, processes and procedures, in accordance to OMB and other appropriate Federal guidance. Serve as an independent reviewer for work performed by the Plexos staff on assigned projects. Provides advice to management regarding compliance or other programs as assigned. Work is performed under general supervision with considerable latitude for use of initiative and independent judgment.
1. Perform research and analysis to develop Plexos grant compliance review guidance, processes, procedures and formats, as well as related risk assessment methodologies and work aids.
2. Establish standardized formats for grant compliance review and internal guidance for risk assessment, maintenance of grant management working papers and retention of compliance monitoring records.
3. Develop section/program budgets and monitor their implementation.
4. Gather, organize and analyze operating data, project requirements and projected changes in programs to develop budget requests. May oversee procurement activities to purchase equipment, supplies and services required to support Plexos processes and activities; compiles information and prepares performance measures for review by the Executive team.
5. Provide financial management and compliance monitoring inputs for the Plexos Grant Administration Guide to ensure adherence to OMB Federal grant expenditure regulations and program specific regulations. May coordinate/facilitate audits and inspections to verify that grant funds are used in accordance with the terms of the grant.
6. Oversee the timely processing of grant payment requests, approve grant payments, review and verify grant audits, monitor required interim and final reporting requirements, and approve the final closure of grants upon completion.
7. Provide guidance for grant compliance review programs and grant management operations. Review internal controls for adequacy, accuracy and compliance with relevant state and Federal laws and regulations as well as Plexos policies and procedures.
8. Identify relevant professional development training for the grant management staff, arrange such training for the staff and may conduct internal training.
9. Represent Plexos in working groups and at meetings requiring technical expertise and/or professional financial review and compliance expertise.
10. Perform special reviews and conducts investigations of internal practices and procedures as requested by the Executive team.
11. Provide guidance for maintenance and retention of grant management and compliance review working papers and other financial records in accordance with Federal and state law and Plexos requirements.
12. Assist in planning, scheduling, distributing and overseeing work performed by assigned section personnel. Monitor workflow, productivity, and quality control. Plan and conduct staff training on procedural and technical operations. Provide informal input to the Executive team regarding employee performance. May serve as a member of personnel selection boards.
13. Prepare correspondence, narrative and statistical reports and summaries. Query data stored in databases, internet sources and databases hosted by others.
14. May supervise other Plexos programs as assigned.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education - Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting, management, public administration, or business administration.
Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of education requirements on a year-for-year basis, with thirty (30) semester hours equal to one (1) year of experience.
2. Experience - five (5) years or more of progressively responsible work experience in accounting, auditing or grant administration. At least two (2) years of the relevant experience must also be experience with auditing programs related to Federal grants. Experience with FEMA grant programs is a requirement.
3. Interpersonal skills – Must exercise excellent interpersonal skills – position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working/professional relationships with external and internal customers.
5. Communication skills – Must have experience communicating and collaborating with other stakeholders, including Federal, State, local and/or Tribal officials.
6. Leadership skills – Strong leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively (oral and written), direct and motivate others, and maintain a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization. Assess the professional development needs of employees, identify training that meets those needs, and arrange for or conduct required training.
7. Analytical skills – Must be analytical, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task without sacrificing accuracy or timeliness. Ability to analyze problems utilizing common research and analysis methodologies, identify causative factors, and apply actions to effectively resolve current, and prevent recurrences of problem conditions.
8. Organizational skills – Must be organized, flexible, and able to prioritize in a multi-demand environment. Must be flexible, innovative and able to manage staff, responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced, growth/change-oriented and time-critical environment.
9. Regulatory knowledge – Working knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly assimilate information related to State and Federal regulations, legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
Thorough knowledge of audit practices, procedures and investigative methods; generally accepted accounting principles, procedures, terminology and of applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including OMB guidance related to Federal grants.
Considerable knowledge of Federal grant processes, especially FEMA grants; methods of financial analysis, grant and contract oversight, compliance monitoring, performance assessment, financial reporting, and use of automated financial management systems; accounting and audit processes in a governmental agency.
10. Computer skills - Skill in operating a personal computer with spreadsheet, word processing, and accounting software.
11. Confidentiality – Must be able to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
12. Other - Skill in developing standard operating procedures, job aids, and formats for accounting and audit documents.
Ability to prepare and edit detailed reports of audit findings to ensure reports are accurate and effective.
13. Driving Requirements - Valid driver license from state of residence.