IT Systems Administrator Contractor
Plexos Group Phenix City, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an IT Systems Administrator to join our team! You will handle a variety of projects to support and improve the organization's network systems. As a Contractor supporting some of our cyber security projects. This position will support onsite projects across all 48 contiguous states with an average of one to three weeks per assignment with potentially some of time supporting functions remotely.
- Manage all aspects of the servers and networking platform
- Support active Directory in an enterprise environment
- Administer Domain Controllers, File servers, Group Policy, DNS Server, DHCP servers, Microsoft Hyper-V servers, VMWare from 5.x to 6.x, Host, VMs, Data Store, Snapshots, VMDKs.
- Troubleshoot network & system issues
- Monitor active network and server infrastructure
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Administer network security measures to prevent system interruptions or breaches
- Execute sensitive data backup and restoration procedures
- Document all technical procedures and user guides
- Previous experience as a network or systems administrator
- Ability to build and configure servers from scratch
- Must be familiar with administering various Firewalls from various vendors including SonicWall and Cisco
- Must be familiar with fundamental IT security methodologies including FTK imaging, Windows Live Response, VMDK exports
- Must be familiar with VLANS and subnetting.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and data protocols
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to work 7 days a week and travel within a 24-Hour request.
- Must be able to work independently or as a team with little to no supervision and adhere to specific scope and confidentiality requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information system management, information technology or other related fields.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant Experience
- Ability to travel
- Certifications from Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco
- PMP Certification
- IT Security Certification
The Plexos Group, LLC employs the most experienced and innovative professionals in the field of disaster recovery management who have completed similar work for municipal, state, and federal agencies. Our project team has more than 100 years of combined experience in managing disaster recovery and has led disaster recovery programs in excess of $25 billion.
AddressPhenix City, AL