IT Systems Administrator Contractor
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40 to $60 Hourly
We are seeking an IT Systems Administrator Contractor to work on an as needed basis to support Cyber Security and System Administrative needs to clients across various industries in the United States. As Client request are received, Travel to location will be required with the ability to be on site with client until need is resolved. This position will support onsite projects across all 48 contiguous states with an average of one to two weeks per assignment with potentially some of time supporting functions remotely.
- Manage all aspects of the servers and networking platform
- Support active Directory in an enterprise environment
- Administer Domain Controllers, File servers, Group Policy, DNS Server, DHCP servers, Microsoft Hyper-V servers, VMWare from 5.x to 6.x, Host, VMs, Data Store, Snapshots, VMDKs.
- Troubleshoot network & system issues
- Monitor active network and server infrastructure
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Administer network security measures to prevent system interruptions or breaches
- Execute sensitive data backup and restoration procedures
- Document all technical procedures and user guides
- Previous experience as a network or systems administrator
- Ability to build and configure servers from scratch
- Must be familiar with administering various Firewalls from various vendors including SonicWall and Cisco
- Must be familiar with fundamental IT security methodologies including FTK imaging, Windows Live Response, VMDK exports
- Must be familiar with VLANS and subnetting.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and data protocols
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to work 7 days a week and travel within a 24-Hour request.
- Must be able to work independently or as a team with little to no supervision and adhere to specific scope and confidentiality requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information system management, information technology or other related fields.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant Experience
- Ability to travel
- Certifications from Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco
- PMP Certification
- IT Security Certification
Plexos Group LLC is an Equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Plexos Group recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce that considers the needs of the communities we serve, and we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment free from discrimination.
TechnologyView all jobs at Plexos Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?