Plexos Group is seeking Hazard Mitigation Planners to become an integral part of our team! As a Hazard Mitigation Planner, you will support the development and implementation of the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation Action Plans (CDBG-MIT) which require coordination and alignment with state and local hazard mitigation plans.
- At least 3 years of experience with the development of state/territory and/or local hazard mitigation plans
- Ability to comprehensively analyze disaster risks to support data-informed investments with focus upon repetitive loss of property and critical infrastructure
- Quantitatively assess the significant potential impacts and risks of hazards affecting the following:
- Safety and Security
- Food, Water, Sheltering
- Health and Medical
- Hazardous Material (Management)
- Energy (Power & Fuel)
- Assist in the development and adoption of policies that reflect local and regional priorities having long-lasting effects on community risk reduction, including risk reduction to community lifelines and decreasing future disaster costs;
- Proactively identify opportunities and resources to leverage program funding, create private/public partnerships, and coordinate with other agencies to build long term capacity to carry out CDBG-MIT activities.
- Experience conducting FEMA Benefit Cost Analyses (BCA) for large-scale infrastructure projects is preferred.
- Must have previous experience with disaster recovery and hazard mitigation.
Analyze existing community hazard mitigation plans and coordinate the integration of relevant data into CDBG-MIT Action Plans.
Assist in the development of mitigation needs assessments that address local and regional priorities having long-lasting effects on risk reduction and capacity building of the community to respond to future disasters.
- Assist in the development of CDBG-MIT funding allocation strategies and design of programs that address mitigation needs while achieving compliance will all federal, state and local requirements.
- Support local CDBG-MIT advisory committees to provide ongoing input and support to CDBG-MIT initiatives as approved in the Action Plan.
- Review proposed CDBG-MIT projects for cost-effectiveness, project feasibility, and compliance with HUD requirements, CDBG-MIT Action Plan and program policies.
Up to 25%