The Construction Safety Consultant will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of safety programs to ensure compliance with OSHA 1926 and other safety regulations on contractor construction projects.
- Update, maintain, and distribute company safety manual.
- Coordinate safety meetings.
- Coordinate and train first aid and CPR classes.
- Develop and implement protocol for first aid
- Interact and follow-up with field personnel with regard to injuries.
- Stay updated on new California and federal laws, regulations, and requirements related to safety
- Keep Management updated on safety issues, claims, industry changes, etc.
- Research OSHA concerns.
- Participate in job walks with Project Managers and independently.
- Support Project Managers with all safety concerns.
- Attend startup meetings as the safety representative.
- Interface with GC’s on all safety concerns.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited school in Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Safety & Health or related Construction Management Program.
- Equivalent safety management and/or inspection experience may be considered as a degree substitute. Consideration given to general industry experience also.
- 5- 10 years’ experience implementing safety, health and environmental regulations and/or inspection programs within industry or consulting.
- Possess OSHA 500 Certification and Construction Safety and Health Technologist (CHST) credentials
- Demonstrated experience performing regulatory analyses including interpretation of OSHA and industrial hygiene rules, regulations, and guidance.
- Strong relationship, consulting skills required to interact with managers, third parties and team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to operate a personal computer and other business equipment, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.