- $23 to $25 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Position Summary: The objective of the Case Manager is to provide case management services to an assigned caseload of disaster recovery clients in Puerto Rico. The Case Manager will provide assistance to eligible applicants affected by federally declared disasters performing activities related to but may not be limited to program eligibility determinations, income verifications, duplication of benefit analyses, award coordination, status updates and other related case management activities. The Case Manager is responsible for ensuring any services provided to the applicant are documented and organized in program tracking systems.
- Meet and interview clients to conduct intake, assessment, and program eligibility determination; provide information and referral to appropriate resources and prioritize needs and services
- Assist clients with completing applications, appeals and/or re-certification program assistance
- Lead efforts to compile applicant information, including assistance eligibility and income documentation, and submit applications for funding sources including CDBG-DR.
- Follow-up with client to ensure documentation requirements are met and client is moving forward to meet programmatic objectives
- Work with client to develop and implement long-term recovery plans; provide case management services within grant or funding guidelines, as needed; monitor and document client progress
- Assist client in working through the sequence of delivery to maximize resources and decrease duplication of benefits
- Collect, compile, analyze, report, and maintain necessary data in program tracking systems for statistics and reporting.
- Accurately complete and submit all case notes, files, and records in a timely manner; use appropriate tracking and database systems to record case and progress notes; maintain detailed and organized files
- Assist in coordinating site visits to determine eligible scopes of work for eligible properties under various programs.
- Maintain knowledge of CDBG-DR, CDBG-MIT policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Respond to inquiries about client needs, benefit eligibility, and referred services and resources in a courteous, compassionate, and timely manner
- Obtain needed information and complete regular reports regarding client progress; maintain accurate services and progress and generate reports in accordance with Agency standards and federal, state, and local funding guidelines and requirements
- Actively participate in all staff meetings, trainings, or educational workshops as required
- Provide on-call and emergency case management services when needed
- Perform other duties as needed, subject to changes in Program’s Guidelines and Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) change
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Previous disaster response/recovery/case management experience a plus.
- Demonstrated Customer Service expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with federal grant-funded programs including HUD CDBG, CDBG-DR, or CDBG-MIT.
- Bilingual candidates in English/Spanish Preferred.
- Strong soft skills in working directly with applicants/clients
- Experience assessing client needs, monitoring, and evaluating progress, facilitating interaction with multiple service providers, providing continuity throughout program participation, and ensuring clients are engaged and knowledgeable of the program.
- Experience in determining clients' eligibility to participate in the program by completing intake interviews and reviewing records and applications.
- Experience in a customer-facing role that requires close coordination with a customer service team that fields inbound and outbound calls.
- Experience communicating progress by participating in weekly case management reviews.
- Experience preparing and maintaining multiple spreadsheets daily.
- Experience maintaining client records by compiling-detailed case notes; logging events and progress using program software.
3-5 years case management experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher education in the areas of engineering, architecture, administration, human resources, accounting, law, public administration/policy or other related field and 2+ years in Case Management with a focus on infrastructure, community development, disaster recovery, housing projects
Under Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968, additional preference will be given to Section 3 residents in the Puerto Rico area who meet the requirements of this position
Plexos Group LLC is an Equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Plexos Group recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce that considers the needs of the communities we serve, and we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment free from discrimination.
The Plexos Group, LLC employs the most experienced and innovative professionals in the field of disaster recovery management who have completed similar work for municipal, state, and federal agencies. Our project team has more than 100 years of combined experience in managing disaster recovery and has led disaster recovery programs in excess of $25 billion.
Plexos GroupCeiba, PR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.