CNC Setup Machinist
Pleatco, LLC Louisville, KY
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a candidate who will set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and assemblies. This role requires knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining principles and procedures. Abilities including; checking blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Independently set up and troubleshoot CNC (HAAS VF4) or manual machines.
- Manufacturing parts to print from CAD model.
- Operate welding equipment to cut or weld parts.
- Fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- Inspecting your own work visually and dimensionally.
- Ensuring that company quality standards are maintained.
- 2-5 years (minimum) CNC machining experience.
- High school or equivalent.
- Familiar with HAAS milling machines.
- Ability to read blueprints along with GD&T.
- CAM system programming required, MasterCAM STRONGLY PREFERRED.
- Understanding of speeds, feeds and materials properties.
- High attention to detail and pride in producing quality parts.
- Possess basic tools: micrometer, calipers, indicator and hand tools.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills such as excel, email and navigating windows.
- Strong communication skills.
- Collaborative team players with a good work ethic.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.
- Technical training cert preferred.