Purpose: Be on stand-by to transport nursing home residents, day or night, every other weekend. A passenger van equipped with mechanical lift for wheel chairs (if needed) will be used to transport nursing home residents to/from unexpected walk-in medical appointments or other destinations requiring a quick response time.
May also fill in on weekdays, if desired, for transportation to special events, community activities, and shopping.
Wage: Position will be paid hourly rate plus $50 for weekends you are scheduled to be on stand-by. The $50 represents two hours on Saturday and two hours on Sunday (i.e. $12.50 per hour) and will be paid even if you are not called to work.
- For insurance purposes, must be between the ages of 25 and 70.
- Nurse Aide certification preferred.
- Experience with techniques and equipment used for lifting and transferring residents is a plus, but training will be provided.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and independently transfer residents of various heights and weights without endangering self or others.
- When scheduled for stand-by duty, which may include holidays, must remain available day and night and committed to carrying out duties promptly. The number of hours worked will vary from week to week. Must be flexible with meal breaks.
- Must exhibit strong social and communication skills. Compassion, tact, and cheerfulness are desirable qualities for this position.
- Must be able to make prompt and accurate decisions, always alert to prevent safety hazards.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record. Must be willing and able to drive safely in large or small cities, day or night, and in various weather conditions.
- Must be willing to accept other transportation-related responsibilities as assigned.
Visit us at www.pleasantviewhome.com to discover why providing this service to our residents is rewarding!
Pleasant View Home
Why Work Here?Pleasant View Home is a progressive non-profit senior living community with over 70 years of award winning experience to serve the needs of our aging generations. We are proud to be a leader in Kansas for adult continuing care specializing in person-directed care. We promote teamwork, culture change and staff empowerment. Respect for each other and preserving the dignity of our elders is important to us. You will be a valued member of a community where people love to work and care for our appreciative residents!
Make a long-term difference ... experience long-term rewards!