Pleasant Grove City Pleasant Grove, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a beginning level professional librarian position. Work involves providing library services to children or adults. Duties include reference work and circulating materials. The work requires the employee to have good knowledge, skill, and ability in the basic processes of the public library field.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Provides reference services and reader's advisory services.
- Creates or maintains displays to highlight book collections or services.
- Performs circulation tasks using the Horizon automated circulation system, such as circulating materials, collecting fines, and preparing library cards, as necessary.
- Performs related work as required.
- High School degree required.
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university in the social sciences, humanities, or a related field preferred
- Some professional training in library work, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, OR currently working on a Master's Degree in Library and Information Sciences.
- Some knowledge of the principles and practices of public library functions.
- Some knowledge of reference tools and procedures.
- Good knowledge of the needs of library patrons and the ability to provide the type and level needed.
- Good ability in oral and written communications.
- Some ability to develop and present public information materials to promote library use.
- Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, co-workers, and the general public.
- Working conditions may vary
- No significantly hazardous conditions exist
- Work is typically performed in an air-conditioned office
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate essential functions and basic duties, in addition to 'peripheral tasks' or that could generally be considered "other duties as assigned". In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions & duties as described.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of Pleasant Grove City
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Pleasant Grove City
AddressPleasant Grove, UT
GovernmentView all jobs at Pleasant Grove City