Orthopedic Outpatient Clinic
San Diego based private practice looking for an experienced Medical Assistant with experience in clinical patient care in a private practice setting. Our well established and respected private practice needs a dedicated and self-motivated Medical Assistant to support one of our Doctor and his patients.
This position is full time permanent. Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. The practice is centrally located in San Diego close to Mercy Hospital
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- Medical Assistant certificate.
- 1 or more years work experience as a Medical Assistant in a private practice or clinic with experience in patient care.
- Administrative skills to support Physicians with electronic medical records and insurance authorization for tests ordered.
- Compassion and a strong commitment to first class customer service with patients and co-workers.
- Excellent verbal & written English language communication skills
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Rooming patients, measuring vital signs, reason for visit and charting using EMR.
- Preparing and stocking patient rooms.
- Assisting Doctor with patient office visits and office procedures.
- Ordering tests for patients per Doctors instructions and getting insurance authorization for said tests.
- Other duties may be assigned by Dr. and Office Manager.
The schedule is Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
The rate of pay is $17 – 18 hr. to start. Health and dental insurance, paid holidays and vacation pay. 401K savings plan.