PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Mobile Application Engineering Intern
San Francisco, CA
As the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) Mobile Application Engineer intern, you will be a full member of a mobile application team working on feature development of our cross-platform mobile application companion app to the PlayStation PS4 console. You will collaborate closely with other team members as well as engineers within the larger PlayStation Network client and service development organization.
You will attend all scrum ceremonies, participate in feature requirement refinement, feature development, feature automation QA as well as the release to market process. The team works closely with the designers and product managers, so you will be encouraged to participate in those collaborative sessions as well. The team is tasked with releasing quality updates to the PS App on a regular basis as well as developing new features on the same cadence.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or related technical field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- Experience in building native/hybrid mobile apps and WebViews on iOS or Android using ObjC, Swift or Java
- Experience measuring UI/App performance, especially around UI response time and network use
- Experience in performance tuning network connected applications
- Experience with Agile development methodology (ex: Scrum)
- A passion for developing fluid user experiences
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.