Plato's Closet is all about being fashion savvy and shopping smart. Our unique retail recycling store specializes in clothes for teens and young adults - we buy and sell the latest looks in clothing and accessories from the hottest brand name designers for gals and guys.
Plato's Closet is now accepting applications for Retail Associates to join the team at our store in Eugene. The part-time to full-time Associate will perform a wide range of duties related to customer service and satisfaction, achievement of store sales goals, inventory management and promotion. He or she will help achieve business growth and profitability by learning and maintaining knowledge of our product lines, upscale brands, and the pricing of our gently-used, high-end clothing and accessories for teens and young adults.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma (continuing education or coursework desired), a year or more of retail sales experience, a strong sense of current style and fashion trends, an engaging and upbeat personality, exceptional interpersonal skills, an affinity for making friends with customers, and professionalism beyond reproach. Associates are given ample opportunities and thorough training to prepare for rapid advancement and promotion, based on knowledge, skill and outstanding performance. Team members are offered great employee discounts and flexible schedules to complement their lifestyles.
To help promote all aspects of the business including but not limited to buying, selling, pricing, and merchandising. Promote the highest level of customer service by ensuring customers are assisted in an enthusiastic, timely, and knowledgeable manner. Assist store management in daily store operations, including the buying of used merchandise.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Exhibit appropriate selling and buying behaviors. Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Become familiar with products, brands, and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers' needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale.
- Buy used product, reinforcing the customers' purchases and sales to the store. Invite customer to return to the store to buy, sell, or trade and promote image of the store concept.
- Price and ticket items based on pricing and buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
- Develop proficiency in operating computerized Point of Sale (POS) and sales tracking system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
- Achieve personal and store sales goals by applying sound customer service and sales protocol.
- Prior retail experience preferred in similar product lines, but willing to train the right candidate.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to work various shifts weekdays, evenings and weekends, a minimum of 4 shifts per week.
- Customer service skills are a must.
- Ability to work well as a team member, accept constructive feedback, and follow directions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability, exceptional interpersonal skills and good attention to detail.
- Sales and goal driven, with the capacity to exert a high degree of energy and drive to meet customer demands.
- Minimum age, 18 years old.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance. May involve heavier lifting with assistance of team member or cart/dolly.
- Bending, rotating, and reaching that is customary to a retail environment; including receiving, pricing, and stocking/back stocking merchandise.
- Exposure to typical retail environment conditions and noise levels (no exposure to hazardous materials or environments).
- Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.