Warehouse Supervisor - 21-00296
Platinum Resource Group Fairfield, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Fairfield, CA
- Primary responsibilities are to provide complete oversight of all warehouse operations which include, but not limited to coordinating and scheduling receiving, pick up, deliveries and returns of product from various vendors and vendor's locations.
- Additional responsibilities include all sundry purchases and inventory control. Responsibility for all safety practices related to the unloading and loading of product received, picked up and / or delivered, the safe operating condition of all vehicles and equipment, ensures a safe working environment throughout the warehouse and in the field.
- Create an environment of Continuous Improvement: lead in the creation of standard operating procedures that achieves a throughput process resulting in minimal OS&D.
- Facilitate a tracking program including audits to monitor pick accuracy, outbound load quality and on time complete delivery.
- Identify and implement projects as needed to achieve desired business results.
- Balance Service Expectations with Financial Performance targets to achieve best overall blended performance.
- Foster a culture of safety by creating an environment focused on associate safety. Implement a program to identify, monitor and correct near miss situations.
- Lead safety meetings and facilitate safety topics of the month aligned with broader company safety initiatives.
- Prioritize daily receiving, pick-ups and deliveries based on the production schedule, delivery site and vendor locations.
- Verify all purchase orders, approvals, and order acknowledgements match for each job.
- Monitor Will Call Driver's progress throughout the day to ensure all pickups will be made in a timely manner.
- Oversee the safe loading and unloading product onto the truck and ensure load is evenly placed by order and secure in transit.
- Manage cross dock priorities aligned with product need by date.
- Achieve dwell time goals at the PO level not to exceed established expectations.
- Forecast, plan and maintain adequate staff shift levels and staffing levels to obtain desired product throughput.
- Responsible for performing monthly inventory and recording work in progress.
- Responsible to inspect the forklift before use each morning to make sure everything is in good operating condition. This includes inspecting the jib boom, clamp and clamp assembly safety and warning devises and equipment. Keep the forklift clean and free of fluids on a regular basis.
- Ensure that WMS procedures are being followed by warehouse team members.
- Monitor key warehouse functions to ensure that receiving, staging, and outbound orders are being performed accurately.
- Assist in WMS training of warehouse team members.
- Oversee physical inventory and cycle counts.
- May be required to travel to vendor locations on occasion.
- May be required to travel for training on occasion.
- Must have a valid driver license and insurance that always meets the company's requirements.
- Full time with occasional overtime as business need dictate.
- High School diploma. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5 years' work experience in the warehouse / distribution industry.
- Proven leadership in a comparable environment.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills are a must.
- Proficiency in use of Automated Distribution System Software and RF Scanning Devices is required.
- PC skills including proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- English. Bilingual a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision and a demonstrated capability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to do mathematical calculations, estimate quantities, and the ability to determine time needed to perform a work activity to a timely completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner in writing and verbally. Ability to direct others to efficiently perform designated tasks.
- Must be forklift certified or can become certified.
- Knowledge of the inventory control process.
- Working knowledge and enforcement within the warehouse and at delivery sites of CAL OSHA and OSHA regulations and rules.
Platinum Resource GroupWhy Work Here?
Networking Bright People with Great Companies. Every Day.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.
Transportation and Storage