VP, Controller (REMOTE) - 21-00351
Platinum Resource Group Irvine, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Direct placement opening for a rockstar Controller form the mortgage industry. Can reside in anywhere in the US, however will need to be in the Irvine headquarters 1 week/month.
- Seeking to hire a Controller with prior experience in mortgage banking to build and lead the accounting department.
- Specializes in a fabulously collaborative work environment and hires only leaders who bring prior experience at top lenders.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Solid experience leading an accounting department in the mortgage industry in a manner which adheres to GAAP, producing timely and accurate monthly financial statements.
- Ethical, team player with a positive and kind attitude.
- Solid background in mortgage banking accounting.
- Ability to work both as a supervisor and hands-on.
- Self-motivated to initiate change and streamline processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of colleagues.
- High computer proficiency.
- Certified Public Accountant and AMB experience.
- Proven history of having developed and managed an efficient team to handle the following major accounting functions, in compliance with GAAP and regulatory guidelines:
- Loan Accounting.
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements.
- Branch, Channel and Divisional Reporting.
- Loan Sales, including accounting for hedge gains / losses.
- Strong conceptual and practical knowledge of FAS 159, Hedge and Mark-to-Market Accounting.
- Accounting for and valuation of MSR portfolio.
- General Accounting, prepaids and accruals.
- Treasury / Cash management.
- Accounts Payable / Wires.
- Manage external financial audits.
- Coordination preparation of tax filings.
Platinum Resource GroupWhy Work Here?
Networking Bright People with Great Companies. Every Day.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.
Finance and Insurance