Sr. Associate, SOX Compliance 21-00242
Platinum Resource Group Santa Ana, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
This is a contract to hire position
- Responsible for implementing the bank's annual strategic SOX plan initiatives in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act.
- Works closely with the business stakeholders to ensure that control documentation is maintained, assertions performed and that findings related to Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) are assessed and reported to management.
- Carries out responsibilities by working with a mix of direct, indirect and co-sourced team members to perform all SOX-related activities in accordance with the Bank's annual SOX plan and methodology.
- Works with all levels of management, internal department personnel, and co-source provider to identify control weaknesses, perform control testing, and communicate audit findings to management in an objective manner.
- Assists in completing key entity level assessments, such as the annual SOX Risk Assessment and annual Fraud Risk Assessment.
- Collaborates with external consultants as needed.
- Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Assists SVP, SOX Compliance Director in planning and executing the bank's annual SOX management strategic plan in collaboration with executive management.
- Assists with key entity-level assessments, such as the annual SOX Risk Assessment and annual Fraud Risk Assessment.
- Coordinates and leads process walkthroughs and performs "Test of Design” to ensure that internal controls are designed appropriately.
- Performs management's testing of internal controls to validate the operating effectiveness of SOX controls.
- Analyzes and documents SOX findings and deficiencies, performs root cause analysis, assesses potential financial statement impact of deficiencies, and assesses remediation plans developed by process owners.
- Facilitates the remediation of control deficiencies and escalates possible critical issues to process owners.
- Advises process owners in updating their SOX documentation, which includes process maps, key inventories, control descriptions, etc.
- Maintains SOX documentation in company's GRC software.
- Maintains company's risk management software to track and report control deficiencies.
- Supports the development and coordination of the company's Sarbanes-Oxley activities.
- Communicates and provides accurate reporting to SOX Compliance management and business units.
- Collaborates with SOX process owners re: SOX Compliance requirements to increase awareness, understanding and compliance.
- Maintains effective and professional relationships with company audit clients, external auditors, and representatives of federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Identify areas of opportunity for process improvements and assist the business stakeholders in adequately addressing them.
- Maintains a current level of knowledge relating to professional standards and emerging industry and technical developments, including SOX 302 / 404, GAAP, COSO, and related auditing standards.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Sections 302 and 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and related requirements for internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR).
- Knowledge of the 2013 COSO Framework.
- Knowledge of banking operations, including commercial and residential lending and deposit operations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to quickly grasp business needs and objectives.
- Ability to identify and communicate solutions to complex, time-critical, or recurring business issues.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workstreams effectively and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work product and deliverables.
- Ability to interact with senior and executive management, external auditors, regulators, and vendors.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, business administration, economics, or related field.
- Five (5) or more years' related work experience in an internal audit, control, risk, or compliance role at a mid-size to large bank or financial institution.
- At least three (3) years' related experience in internal control testing and evaluation, preferably in the banking industry.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) a plus.
Platinum Resource GroupWhy Work Here?
Networking Bright People with Great Companies. Every Day.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.
AddressSanta Ana, CA
Finance and Insurance