National Accounts Receivable Manager needed for a direct placement opportunity with our client in Anaheim, CA.
The National A/R Manager is an important part of the Accounting team. This position is responsible for the daily cash application and collections of customer accounts nationally. It is a high-volume position requiring attention to detail, ability to interact with customers through strong verbal and written communication.
- Assure timely collection of monies due to the corporation.
- Monitor and report on deviations from credit standards.
- Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly and timely.
- Conduct credit checks on customers, establish and manage limits.
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Weekly reporting of aging totals, cash receipts, DSO.
- Manage a staff of 6 to 7 collection analysts located in various offices.
- Ensure compliance with and continually improve internal controls.
- Drive efforts to appropriately train personnel regarding the Accounts Receivable system and company policies and procedures.
- Standardize, simplify and automate processes.
- Assist with external and internal audits as needed.
- Estimate staffing needs and assign tasking as well as provide employment recommendations, performance evaluations and salary reviews.
- Research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Responsible for initiating preliminary liens and lien filings.
- Complete special projects and ad hoc requests.
- Handle collection calls on outstanding receivables 30, 60 and 90 days.
- Work closely with customers and maintain the aging report.
- Account reconciliations and chargebacks.
- Review and prepare lien releases and return to client.
- Run bank and lockbox reports.
- Process credits and debits on incorrect billing.
- Review warranty credits, back-charges and other specialized billing.
- Answer general inquiries related to invoicing and billing specific to the specific contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, mathematics or finance, or equivalent working experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in credit and collections, three years as a supervisor.
- Managerial skills and experience are a must, preferably experience with managing staff in other office locations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with Intermediate to Advanced skills in Excel (VLOOKUPs and pivot table experience with high volumes of data).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Accounting software or a similar system.
- Experience with order review, progress payments, varied payment processes and review.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of D&B reporting is required.
- Ability to juggle competing tasks and managing a high-volume workload.
- Detail oriented, self-starter, team player, problem solver and possess a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Strong attention to customer service.